Thank you kind sir.

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Slyguy3129
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Thank you kind sir.

Post by Slyguy3129 »

So I've been trying to play a game as Israel for the past few days. Failed badly a few times but this last time I got everything under control well before Syria DOW me. I'm playing MDC mod FYI.

Anyways things aren't going great against Syria, I am winning over all and have plenty of Oil Ind/Milt Sply, but I was running low on cash and starting to mount up debt from being at DEFCON 1. Just about when I am ready to lower me DEFCON I get a dipl offer from the USA. I click on it and its an offer of $255,000M for 0$. After careful consideration it was voted that it might well be in our best interest to accept such a proposal.

My question is how do I encourage this from my Allies? I've played Serbia a few times in the same mod and fail because of money and resources.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Thank you kind sir.

Post by GIJoe597 »

I can only comment in general since I do not use any mods and have no idea how they affect the game. But, it is my experience allies will give you money when you need it and they have it. You do not have to do anything.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 21 2010, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Just keep their diplo bars maxed for allies you want to offer such help.The more they like you, both civ and gov,the more likely they are to help, and the bigger that help is likely to be of what they can offer.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Post by comrade.seawolf »

This is pretty common sense, but I find that allying nations with high treasury levels (such as the U.S. at the beginning of the game) helps, as they have more money to give away.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”