Declare war without everyone hates you.

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Krixey
Corporal
Human: Yes

Declare war without everyone hates you.

Post by Krixey »

I play as Norway and I want declare war against Sweden because of the uranium that Sweden has. However, since Norway and Sweden have a very strong relationship, I can't attack Sweden without all of the other countries hates me. How can I declare war without became so unpopular?
1814 Eidsvoll oath: United and loyal until the mountains of Dovre crumble.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Declare war without everyone hates you.

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Do you use Global Crisis? from what I understood,in the latest patch (v6.7.63), when you conclude diplomatic deal with eg. a enemy of Sweden, then they will loose a little of those good relations and gain a little Casus Belli. Though i'm unsure.

Also, putting spies into Sweden and letting them be caught, decreases their relations towards you and gives them casus belli. If your spies refuse to be caught, then you can try to hit ctrl+shift+s and unmark the Fog of War option while your spies is in Sweden. and if you don't wan't to see all nations armies, then hit the same combo again and mark fog of war.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Krixey
Corporal

Post by Krixey »

Oh, thanks. :)

No, I don't have Global Crisis, but I try to find a store that has it. (:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Global Crisis is only available through Digital Download but is currently on sale at GamersGate.

There is no direct way to "make it okay" to attack someone just because you want to. In real life one country cannot attack another just because they want something the other region has.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

To be precise, a country can attack another if they want to, but there are repercussions, in game or out.

It is up to the you, (player), to decide if they can handle the consequences of being aggressive. If you plan on trying to take over the world, who cares if they all hate you. The UN has no validity in the game, just as in our world. Worst case scenario, you do not have to pay the UN fee, which saves you money. You will still be able to trade on the world market.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Krixey
Corporal

Post by Krixey »

I just bought and download Global Crisis from CDON.com. I look forward to it! (:
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Krixey wrote:I just bought and download Global Crisis from CDON.com. I look forward to it! (:
Can you buy downloads from CD-ON?!? I thought they only sold hard copies... also if you buy from them as download, can you buy it ony once?
Happy Linux user!
Krixey
Corporal

Post by Krixey »

CD-ON offers hard copies and direct download. It's called On Demand.

No, you can download it as much as you want, just as GamersGate. :D
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Krixey wrote:CD-ON offers hard copies and direct download. It's called On Demand.

No, you can download it as much as you want, just as GamersGate. :D
Duude :o , I use CD-on sometimes, but I have never discovered the On-Demand until now, thanks :-)
Happy Linux user!
Krixey
Corporal

Post by Krixey »

Duude :o , I use CD-on sometimes, but I have never discovered the On-Demand until now, thanks :-)
You're welcome! :D
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Well considering that Norway is pretty isolated, I wouldn't worry about international repercussions. Destroy the bridge that goes from Denmark to Sweden, and that should stop any continental powers from Europe using that as an incursion point to attack you.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Wath about from the east, Russia and Finland?
Happy Linux user!
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Due to the AI not properly supplying the area, as long as you build supply centers and new roads, you don't have to worry about them. Supply creep from you, and the lack of supply for them; always means an easy time encircling their troops and destroying them. Just make sure you keep strong air defenses to aid against Russia.

Plus there is the good old, river crossings/road intersection traps you can set to lure them into destruction.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

You can also use spies to create tensions between you and Sweden. Just send them somewhere they WILL be spoted, like near port where ships/subs have precision spotting. As spies get spotted Sweden's casus belli against you will rise and in time it will likely attack you. I do believe that international relations drop somewhat due to constant spy exposure but it should be far less then declaring war on a country you have no casus belli against.
DavidKD
Sergeant

Post by DavidKD »

For "Spies Like Us" exploits to upset the neighbors first conclude a line of sight treaty so you can each see all of each others units regardless of stealth. This includes spies... so now send your spies to spy on Sweden and they'll be caught immediately regardless of where you send them in Sweden. Next day when the spies are regenerated by the intelligence academy rinse and repeat. Pretty soon all their bars will be red and they will hate you with a burning passion like the fires of ten thousand suns; meanwhile you will still be in the green and your people will still love them so they may attack you and save you the trouble of declaring war. Else, you will have to declare war and still take the relationship hits.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”