Making Peace Problem

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Snowpig
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Making Peace Problem

Post by Snowpig »

i thought you were talking about the diplomatic and peoples standing ...the whole world doesnt like me :roll:

but DAR/MAR of my enemy is 30/45% as stated above
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Snowpig wrote:i thought you were talking about the diplomatic and peoples standing ...the whole world doesnt like me :roll:

but DAR/MAR of my enemy is 30/45% as stated above
Try lowering the MAR of your enemy, it might be too high for them to accept peace. If everything else is in the green that is the only explanation I can think of.
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

any good idea how to lower the MAR without going on an invasion? :wink: atm 39% and falling, after i seized Ankara.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Try destroying their units using your airforce. Also, capturing enemy bases lowers MAR. You could try bombing them to oblivion to see if it would have the same effect.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Please let us know how it turns out. :)
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Don't think MAR will help
I've completely destroyed China's Armies, their MAR is 0%, DAR is 20% and I have their capital region surrounded
I am in control of 60%+ of their land as well and they still won't hear of peace, even though they should be seeing that they can only loose, I have superior technology, and [due to the AI inability to actually wage a proper war] I have superior numbers as well

I believe, that once the relations hit a certain point, it's a fight too the death
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

...which is completely stupid do to so facing a certain defeat. I have similar numbers, my enemies DAR/MAR went down to 20%/9% and still without effect. |O
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Snowpig wrote:...which is completely stupid do to so facing a certain defeat. I have similar numbers, my enemies DAR/MAR went down to 20%/9% and still without effect. |O
Tell that to the Japanese in '45...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

sorry, but that comparison does not work. the US nuked Hiroshima & Nagasaki and nobody declared war upon them just for killing several hundred thousands/millions with nuclear weaponry.

Now tell me, what will happen, if i take some nukes and bomb Istanbul down to rubble? Nothing will change and the other countries are just waiting to get a ground border to wardec me without any sense or strategic thought.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Truman either had to use the bomb or sacrifice American soldiers in taking the Japanese mainland. They werent giving up. They were ALL prepared to fight to the death to save thier homeland. No amount of bargaining other than dropping the bomb would have gotten them to the Peace table, even then it took 2 bombs.
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

so whats the point? Did anybody wardec the US after that genocide?, Did the germans do the same? or the italians oder the french or all the other nations, who were facing a certain defeat? Sorry, but you cannot cling yourself to the behaviour of the japanese and state, that the whole world is behaving like that.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Point is, your enemy hates you so much that no matter what you offer its not going to be enough for them to accept Peace. They would rather you destroy them and face the retaliation from of the rest of the world. In thier eyes , you are the evil that must be destroyed no matter the cost. Sounds like the world is agreeing with them if they are DoWing you.
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

A big dragon attacks a village. after killing several dozen peasants he stands back and looks around without doing anything anymore. On the other side of the village 20 peasants gathered, armed with small knives, rolling pins and one or two pitchforks. The peasant closest to the dragons raises his rolling pin, and yells "avenge me, brothers and sisters!" and runs to the dragon intended to club him to death. What happens next is a very short, messy scene, where that peasant ends up as a fried dragon-snack. But, oh jeez, the dragon had to do one step forward. Now the peasant-woman, armed with her little butter knife, yells to the remaining peasants "avenge me, brothers and sisters!", raising that butter knife charges into the dragon ....result: next fried dragon-snack. and again that dragon had to do one step forward while eating that peasant-woman. Now its the time for that peasant with the pitchfork "avenge me, brothers and sisters" .... and so on and so on. Sounds stupid? But thats exactly what happens to me in my SA-game atm.
Point is, your enemy hates you so much that no matter what you offer its not going to be enough for them to accept Peace.
btw. thats not the reason, why the japanese did not surrender '45
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Exactly what happens in the real world too, suicide bombers are always wanting to be matrys. All because they hate someone, thier religion or some other reason.
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

suicide bombers usually dont run countries. Again you are throwing stuff together, which does not belong together.

I give you a better example: What did the Aztecs do, after they suffered one devastating defeat after another to a techonologicaly and military superior enemy like Spain in that time?
They surrendered.
Last edited by Snowpig on Jul 29 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”