Long Term Allies

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

jarhead
Corporal

Long Term Allies

Post by jarhead »

Newbie questions:

Assuming that that I am playing for Complete victory in GC shatterered world (as Arkansas), what happens to those that I ally with? Do I eventually have to tear up our alliance and conquer them in order to "win"?

Is there a game setting where the game ends when all nations are either allied with me or conquered by me?

I personally do not want to break alliances as I like to be true to my word, so I am really hoping there is a way to relect that in the game.

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers!
Graygan
Colonel

Re: Long Term Allies

Post by Graygan »

jarhead wrote:Newbie questions:

Assuming that that I am playing for Complete victory in GC shatterered world (as Arkansas), what happens to those that I ally with? Do I eventually have to tear up our alliance and conquer them in order to "win"?

Is there a game setting where the game ends when all nations are either allied with me or conquered by me?

I personally do not want to break alliances as I like to be true to my word, so I am really hoping there is a way to relect that in the game.

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers!
DOW and concquer the allies of your allies. They will get more and more casus belli against you and if they really like that ally, they will get lower relations with you. Eventually they will cancel the agreements with you. If you're willing to wait for the long term(10+ years) then just don't do anything with them. No trading, no help, etc. Eventually they will feel neglected and their opinion of you will go down to the point that they cancel your agreements.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

You can allways choose allied victory before starting game
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:You can allways choose allied victory before starting game
I think you can also change this during the game with CTRL+Shift+S
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

launching a lot of nukes will do it too. Just for fun, I launched 20 nukes on an enemy and all my allies but one cancelled their agreements with me and about half of those declared war.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”