Prolly another nub question......

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

docmasters
Sergeant

Prolly another nub question......

Post by docmasters »

Okay I've looked through a lot of other posts about increasing relation with other countries. I've tried a lot of things giving countries products(free), not building military units, trading with a lot of other countries but they still don't like me. Is there something that I'm doing or not doing? I can't figure it out. Anyone else have this problem and figured it out?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Prolly another nub question......

Post by Legend »

To start with, what region are you? If you are starting with North Korea, you have a history there...
What settings are you playing too, which map and are you playing Global Crisis? If so, what volatility setting are you using?
Over what period of time are you trying things?
docmasters
Sergeant

Post by docmasters »

I am the United States, just doing the world 2020 campaign, every thing is normal or default. I've been playing for a 1-2 years in game and it seems like not matter what I do, give them products in 1 lump sums or even do it as a payment plan for like 52 weeks nothing brings them back down, and i dont request anything from them.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

I've been experimenting with my current game and I've noticed a few things about foreign relations... You start off with a set relation with every nation in the world. In the case of the US, there are quite a few nations that like you and would be willing to ally right away as well as quite a few that are on the verge of war with you no matter what you do.

Building Land Fabrications is a sure and certain way to get the entire world to lower relations with you. Even the populations of your allies will like you less if you build land fabs. However, building air, naval, and missile fabs has no measurable effect I was able to see. I built 60 missile, 15 air, and 15 naval fabs and noone blinked an eyelid. I built 2 land fabs and there was a measurable difference in the likelihood of my neighbors to declare war.

So...

If you're looking for an era of peace while you build up and organize, save your land fabrication building for last. Use your current land fabs and organize your other fabs. Since building good naval and air forces takes far longer than land, that shouldn't be a problem. It may not stop Canada or Mexico from declaring war on you, but it will slow them down. The moment you decide to build those land fabs, build them fast with lots of engineers around them, and build up your land army fast because the rest of the world will not be happy with you.
docmasters
Sergeant

Post by docmasters »

Is there a way to improve the relation of those who are hostile with you or are they just going to keep going that direction?
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

docmasters wrote:Is there a way to improve the relation of those who are hostile with you or are they just going to keep going that direction?
Give them free stuff. Money works best. Just small amounts, but it'll add up. Eventually you will get to the point where you can start trading money with them on a 1 for 1 basis, then you just do that until the diplo bar is in the near-green stage and you can ally with them. It does take some time and will cost you cash, but it's doable. Also, that barely affects the way their people see you. The best way to get that up is to ally with them. That will get a large chunk of the populace to like you. Then the rest of the populace will begin to like you more if you act in a peaceful manner. Don't declare war. Don't kill off any nation, but request/make peace. Those actions will make your allies populations like you alot.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

docmasters wrote:Is there a way to improve the relation of those who are hostile with you or are they just going to keep going that direction?
There are techs that you can do that will increases them liking you.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”