Possible "Wish List" updates

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

tonystowe
Colonel

Possible "Wish List" updates

Post by tonystowe »

Thanks for GC, I am pleased with the changes thus far.

Diplomacy, while moving forward, is still lacking in areas and I want to offer a few suggestions.

1. Full Alliances should not be immediate and should be dependent upon mandatory obligations by one or both parties. A Full Alliance offer should:
A) take 1-3 months to be fully ratified and implemented.
B) require the stronger economic region to provide resources to the weaker region for the duration of the alliance.
C) require the stronger military region to provide military support/training/units/unit design in order to improve the weaker region.
D) require that if military assistance is an element of the alliance that the the military units be in place before the agreement is fully ratified.
E) have secondary and tiertary order of effects that impact other agreements, military and technology trades, etc.
F) have increased intel sharing beyond Line of Sight.

2. Alliances are too easily obtained and last far too long. Additionally,without any obligations the importance of alliances are deminished.

3. Grouped alliances with additional bonuses would be a great addition to the game. Initially it is great to have individual alliances, however the burden of having fifty individual alliances is too much and pretty much drowns the diplomacy. I want the ability to "group" alliances in the tone of NATO or Warsaw Pact. When four or more regions are allied, one of them could recommend a 'group' alliance. If all parties agree, they will then elect a president who will preside over the actions of the alliance. A 'group' alliance will be held to a four or six year term with the President changing hands every two years. Members of the grouped alliance will:
A) have increased economic prosperity
B) share intel
C) collectively agree on military action
D) collectively provide military units to fight wars
E) ???

4. When an AI regions send an alliance request to the player there should be a button allowing the player to view that regions' current alliances before agreeing or disagreeing with the request.

5. When another region goes to war, have an email message delivered to the player - through the military advisor - acknowledging the event. Have input from the Military advisor as to possible courses of action that the player may chose. Ultimately, allow the player to make a decision as to what should be done regarding the situation.

6. Both the AI and the player should have a means to ask allies to provide military units to assist in a fight. For instance, the USA, the Philippines, and Japan are allied when China DoW against the Philippines. The USA DoW against China but Japan does not. In this case, to keep Japan from DoW, enable the player to request resources or technology to be sent to him or to the other ally for the war effort.

7. The ability for the player and AI to negotiate peace between warring regions. This would tie into the 'grouped' alliance as well.

MILITARY

1. Have an option allowing the player to assign units in reserve to a DEFCON level for auto deployment.

2. Hotspots are a great idea, however, I have yet to utilize it because of its limited meaning and use. As in No. 1 above, enable the player to assign units to a Hotspot area in which the unit will deploy to once activated.

3. NAVAL UNITS.
A) Once vessels are grouped together and moving across open water, have the vessels to automatically deploy to best utilize radars, missile defense, etc.
B) When grouped, have the ships to travel as fast as the slowest unit in the group (my supply vessels are unprotected during movement).

4. AIR UNITS.
A) Similar to naval units, allow the grouping of a mixture of aircraft to maximize overall offense/defense capabilities to operate as one unit.

5. The ability to build structures in allied regions. For instance, an air defense or radar facility. Or build a barracks to train their military

WORLD MAP
1. First, great additions in GC, thanks

2. When zoomed out to max distance (world) I would like to see as much of the regional borders as possible.

3. Also, I would like to see the names shown for the major bodies of water (Atlantic, South China Sea, Indian Sea, Red Sea, etc).

4. When zoomed out, I would like the map to automatically show a graphic, icon, or something indicating where conflicts are being fought. Additionally, an indicator as who is potentially winning the fight.

Thanks

Tony
dust off
General

Re: Possible "Wish List" updates

Post by dust off »

Some good ideas in there. Player broker peace betwee AI at war stood out for me. Your zoomed out requests would be a welcom additition to get a better situational awareness.

Top of my diplo wish list would be liberate region, or install new government, with a choice of type, democracy (moderate/conservative), communist etc.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”