NO WARS. HOW DO I RUIN my RELATIONS

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

warriorsoflight
Lieutenant

NO WARS. HOW DO I RUIN my RELATIONS

Post by warriorsoflight »

HI all

I've been playtesting a game as ROME on boiling point and trying to ruin the relations with Naples.
I have no problems with other nations declaring war on me as the relations with other nations seem to be in distress, but my relations with Naples is what i'm focusing on. Right now my relations are as follows, Civilian Rating is indiferent, Diplomatic Rating is Satisfied amd Casus Belli is 78 % for Naples at me. For me my relations with Naples is green, perfect.

I made alliances, full treaty rights and then sever all of them several times. Only effect is the Casus Belli goes up. After 2-3 months go by, the Casus Belli goes down to 20% and this with me having Spies sabataging there petro plants and military barracks.

So how do i ruin this wonderful relationship without declaring war? Also how do i get my Civilian Rating and Dipolmatic rating going down towards Naples.

my settings for the game are set on all hard.
warriorsoflight
Lieutenant

Re: NO WARS. HOW DO I RUIN my RELATIONS

Post by warriorsoflight »

interesting

72 views of this topic and not one comment regarding this. What gives, nobody including BG has an answer for this question?
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

I never played this scenario.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Well I started off with a post and it turned out into more of a spy thing. So I removed it from this post and then just started a new thread on it.

What your asking about is kinda hard to respond to since there are many elements to it. I sit here and start typing a response then think that is not right so I delete it and try to think up a new one.

But how should a country decide how it should respond to other countries? And is that going tobe true in all situations? And why should a smaller country declare war on a larger country knowing it will get defeated and conqured? In your example of you as rome. Think of Rome as a Bully, and Naples as a nerd. For the most part nerds just take it, Becouse if the nerd fights back, the Teacher (international comunity) is going to go after the nerd. Even thow the bully was provoking the nerd.

With BG brining triggered events into the game in the exspantion. I hope they have ones where in your example, Naples would ask the UN to assist it. And beging economic sanctions. And if you continued removal from the UN. and if you continued. a wardec if they could muster the forces to defeat you.

But under the current game rules. I think it is wrong for a nation to declare war on anouther country if they will loose the war. I dont see Mexico ever declaring war on the US, unless mexico's military can rival that of the US. (however if I was president of mexico I probly would declare war on the US, just so they could come and conqure me and we could be one country having it beter for my people.)

Now I dont think you OP was so much about what I have posted above. More or less you wanted info on current game mechanics on how to get Naples to declare war on you? This is a hard feat in SR2020 if you start out with the country liking you. But it can be done. Your difficulty settings are correct as leaving them at very hard. Now what you want todo is stop trading with them. That increases relations with them when you trade. Cancel all diplomacy with them. Find out what they are exporting. Now start exporting what they are exporting at a discounted rate, Keep undercuting them. Find out what they are importing. Keep importing everything they import, so they start running into shortages. This will lower your civil standings with them. If you can figure out who they hate, start making treaties with those countries. (usualy you can only guess which neighbors they dislike. But if you load a new game you can figure out who they dislike at the start and guess from there.) Declare war on thier allies with whom you can get away with doing so. Keep performing sabatages.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”