North American diplomacy, world in crisis diplomacy

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Sherman
Corporal

North American diplomacy, world in crisis diplomacy

Post by Sherman »

Hi im new to this forum. Im just wondering when im playing as US in world in crisis, is there a way to actually improve canada's and mexico's diplomatic relationships so that the CB doesnt go up 1% every day and maybe US and canada can actually be allied?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: North American diplomacy, world in crisis diplomacy

Post by Ruges »

How else would you make it so your enimies like you? Give them stuff.
Sherman
Corporal

Post by Sherman »

Ruges wrote:How else would you make it so your enimies like you? Give them stuff.
well when u say give them stuff... wat u mean like large amounts of money, small amounts, oil? military items?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

All of the above. Except military items being resources and tech, since you cannot acualy give them units.

Now I have not tested out how much of a difference there is from a small donation compared to a large donation. But I usualy do 10-200B every day or week till I get the desired relations.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

You can make them so mad that they won't trade at all with you though. There have been times i've tried giving away hundreds of billions in goods, techs, money for free and they say it's unacceptable.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

Leafgreen wrote:You can make them so mad that they won't trade at all with you though. There have been times i've tried giving away hundreds of billions in goods, techs, money for free and they say it's unacceptable.

Yes indeed, I have not been able to trade with any of my enemies, ever. I read a post by a dev or mod that stated in order for someone to trade with you they have to have some Diplomatic Rating" towards you. Since I was expelled from the UN, no one in the world has a dilpo rating to me. Meaning I will never be able to trade with anyone. Its very odd since I am the #1 producer of everything in the game. I produce 750,343,552 bbl of oil a day and I cannot make a diplomatic deal with anyone for it. :( Well time to passify the remaining parts of the earth, namely, western Europe and Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

You can get some treaties for some B$, even if you have the worst relations. A trade increase the relations, but its a one time event. Some treaties helps over time, but maybe "very hard" have a stonger opposite effect. I prefer a war...if i have enough money to bribe them into an alliance, ive enough money for a war.

Its a wargame, make war, not peace :lol:

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”