A peaceful and all allied shattered world

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Kehrichtbesen
Sergeant

Re: A peaceful and all allied shattered world

Post by Kehrichtbesen »

I really prefer not to spend time on manipulating DOWs or other game mechanics, but to play in a more or less accurately behaving world. How realistic is the first thing and how much does it add to the gameplay? The actual mechanics simulate dumb leaders, either doing nothing because of not being near to me (that does not fit to the game's storyline neither - no conflict in Europe, no conflict in the US...) or doing nothing because of being bribed to brain death or having forgotten my actions of some years before (again and again). Or declaring war without considering the outcome.
I want to see the AI nations responding to my actions logically and doing their own stuff in parallel.
Having a possibility to avoid war with certain parties is not a guarantee to have fun with the game. That's boring, to always have to follow the same steps in order to cheat on the AI.
For me personally it is a mayor problem since one of the most important things for me is to have a consistent world, as sophisticated all the other game aspects might be.
For that reason I've returned to Europa Universalis III and still hope to read one day about a solution to this problem - maybe as an optional game setting / scenario if some people should prefer the actual AI behaviour.
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

OT: You mean, you returned to EU3-NA. Eu3 is unplayable without the 2 Add-on´s.
Kehrichtbesen
Sergeant

Post by Kehrichtbesen »

To NA/IN. The two made EUIII a very decent experience..
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

back on topic tho the peaceful scneiro requires more focus on helping allies ( turn on allies win) if that helps
Kehrichtbesen
Sergeant

Post by Kehrichtbesen »

hi,
help them with what? They do never get into a war from theirselves..

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”