Requesting a peace treaty

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Ace
Corporal

Requesting a peace treaty

Post by Ace »

Im in a bit of a fix, lol. I'm playing Russia and i have alliances with both China and North Korea. Chine declared war on North Korea so a few days later i decided to declare war on china. when i did, the whole world suddenly got 99% casus belli against me. Now, I've been at war for an year or an year and a half, and have captured almost 2 million sq km's of Chinese territory and i am very close to taking Beijing. I don't want to wipe out China completely but every time i offer a peace treaty they say they're not interested in peace!

Two Questions,

1. How do i go about stopping the war?

2. How long, if it is possible, would it take for the rest of the world to like me again? :-)
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Requesting a peace treaty

Post by Ruges »

1. You will have to destroy all of thier units. get them to the point where they cannot wage war. They will accept peace then.

2. On very hard, probly never. On every easy, couple months with a few treaties?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

To accept peace they have to have some diplomatic rating towards you.
Ace
Corporal

Post by Ace »

I guess the war would have to be over to build back diplomacy with the rest of the world. China's diplomacy with me is pretty much zero, does the fact that i didn't cancel the alliance prior to declaring war count into that?

Destroying all their units would pretty much mean i would have to conquer all of china, and i really don't want china to be wiped off. lol!

Is it possible to increase the diplomacy rating with someone your at war with? wholesale bribes? :-)

Btw thanks for making the game of my dreams, i don't have to day dream anymore... :lol:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ace wrote: Is it possible to increase the diplomacy rating with someone your at war with? wholesale bribes? :-)
Yes
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Eskodas
Lieutenant

Post by Eskodas »

Try giving cash over 30 days or commodities(not military or oil) so as to be seen as aid.
Edit- dont destroy all their units they just surendure(sp?) when i do that.
-Dare to Know

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”