Guide: How to conquer the whole world by self-defense

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Opthalamia
Colonel

Guide: How to conquer the whole world by self-defense

Post by Opthalamia »

Call me crazy, but i had a idea...

We all know, the strong side of SR2020 is warfare, not diplomacy or economics. Build up strong forces and conquer anybody have one small disadvantage. There is no big random factor. Every player favor some units, most enemys have a choice between crap and the usuall units. So every new game takes the old path. I like

not to know who is my next enemy.
to fight with limited forces
have to take care about all other borders, cause i never know who is the next enemy

Houserules:

no garrisions, defend your borders with units
enough military build cap, the CB should rise
but everytime any neighbor have 12% CB against you, and dindt declare war, deactivate (not scrap) all military fabs
no treaties or deals, worse relations are a "must have"
peace? Yes, final peace
war? Thats the job of other nations. We just defend ourself.
diplomatic difficulty, you can start with everything you want, but switch to very hard on the first day.

Ive a lot of fun with this setting/rules. "Strategy is the management of a shortage." I gues this works with all "normal great powers" which have a lot of neighbors.

PS: Nobody have to follow any guide. But if you do it, and dont have fun, tell me why.
playa
Lieutenant

Re: Guide: How to conquer the whole world by self-defense

Post by playa »

That's what I do. Piss them off ad let them attack me so I am better prepared. Ha ha ha.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”