Alliances/update4

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Opthalamia
Colonel

Alliances/update4

Post by Opthalamia »

Moin,
kirazzo wrote:Hi BG

Thank you for the update and your work to continue improving the game. I restarted a new Campaign, world in crisis with all settings as default. Again, after 3 days several countires have 10+ alliances, something is still fishy here. I bet if I leave it running the world will be one big happy family after a while. Yes, I can still start wars to stirr things up a bit...but there is very little action going on except the wars that kicks of at the beginning or the ones I initiate. I realize that nobody promised this would be fixed in update 4 but I have to admit, I was hoping for it.

Kind Regards
Kirr
lets talk about Alliance here. I personelly are happy with the new improvements of update 4. If i play with very hard, i have to wait perhabs 1-4 month, and anybody declare war upon me. I like it. Cause they havnt a high CB, the CB of any other nation drops to zero. So i have some time to build up new forces to secure my expanding borders/ repair my tanks to defend teh next offensiv action.

AI nations still build many alliances, but they need them. Only China and India are able to fight out a War over years without monetary aid from other nations. Anybody else run into bankrupt.

Imho, i like to see one more improvement; Rename the anoying "Alliance" into " Mutually friendship and aid", cause thats what this treatie do. And it works fine.

Why are some players against alliances between AI-nations? I dondt understand it. Maybe cause i play the bad boy, while others want to stop a crazy AI?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Alliances/update4

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, when discussing balance targets, World 2020 or Shattered World campaigns should be the baselines. The other two are artificially inflated "likes" and "hates" so will create more wars/alliances.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Opthalamia
Colonel

Re: Alliances/update4

Post by Opthalamia »

FYI?

I dont want to discuss balance targets. Lets talk about SR2020 diplomatcy works under update 4.

Under the new "declaration of War" mechanics, the AI declares war with 0% political relations, 0% custum relations and 10%+ CB. If you can raise the CB against your country slowly, diplomatic level very hard gives you the bad relations.

----> If you want to collect some DOW from AI Nations, play with diplatic-very hard and try to get enough military facilitys to increase CB.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”