I've never seen the AI go to war with each other.

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Pete
Lieutenant

I've never seen the AI go to war with each other.

Post by Pete »

First off, great game. A few bugs, but it's still new. Really, a fantastic and addictive game, I spend too much of my work day playing!

Anyway, I've never seen the AI go to war with each other, what might be the cause? I've played on all four campaigns, for at least 3 game years each, on every military/diplo setting up to normal and the computer countries have never declared war, with the exception of once a whole slew of my neighbors declared war on me (World in Crysis scenario as China). I've been using the latest patch, so what might be causing this?
tonystowe
Colonel

Re: I've never seen the AI go to war with each other.

Post by tonystowe »

In a World 2020 their hasn't been any DoW between AI regions, however in the Crysis game it is almost immediate - more like by the end of the first year their have been at least 6-12 regional wars, most with more than two regions fighting but usually only one "bad guy" region.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

One way to verify wars is to open the Regional Atlas - hotkey <A> (or the button is a 'quick button' in the first panel, state department). Sort by the "At War" icon, click it and make sure to scroll to the top of the list. You'll see any region that is "at war".

The "hot maps" should have wars break out in no time at all.

Let us know if you have any more details.
Pete
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

Ah, yes.
Thanks.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”