Improving relations with a nation?

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Kreiger815
Colonel

Improving relations with a nation?

Post by Kreiger815 »

What is the fastest way to bring a nation from 0% liking in government/civilian rating?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Improving relations with a nation?

Post by tkobo »

Bribes of large $ amounts, and than get all the treaties.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

yep tboko is right. works for me..... but I have a question... I'm playing Pakistan and despite the US having 0% war justification with me and 0% CB my country has a 70% war justification with the US?? I have no intention of going to war with the US and have signed a number of treaties including a non aggression pact with the US. How do I reduce my nations CB with the US and get my people to approve of my foreign policy vis a vis the US?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Thing is, their build cap can over power any positive effects you create.
So while diplo deals can drive down your own belli towards them, that drive downwards can easily be overpowered by their build cap effect(as well as other additional smaller effects).

Build cap alone can cause an AI to go from an ally with zero belli and maxed bars, to breaking its alliance and full belli and minimal bars (civ and diplo reps).Your belli bar acts the same way with your AI allies.
Ive been allied with russia for years in some games, and watched as its build cap overtook the U.S. build cap,and my belli rose against them even though they were my allies becuase of this.

So dont be suprised if you cant,simply because the factors working against you are too strong.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

Also, if your belli is high and their belli is low, don't worry, you have to declare war yourself. You should only worry if their belli is high towards you.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Under patch 4 you should only worry if they have a high chance of wardec on you, and your country is bordering them.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”