Belli reduction

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Smiley69
Corporal

Belli reduction

Post by Smiley69 »

Hello everyone - I am working the political angles of this game - trying to be friendly with everyone instead of blowing the snot out of them. I've been working treaties hard, but only have gotten a few countries to bite off on becoming Allies. It seems if the Belli level is over 15%, they won't become allied no matter how much $$, technologies or resources you throw at them.

Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks much!
"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
Erwin Rommel
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Belli reduction

Post by tkobo »

Dont really worry about belli under 29% id say.
All you have to do is bribe the region/s in question when you hit that red button wall.This wall usaully shows itself about the last three or so treaties (alliance, mutual defense (?) and ummmm, i forget third :P )(Im not at home, so cant check on the exact three).

But even with decent diplo rating and civ reps towards you, the last three treaties often take a bit of bribing to achieve.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Smiley69
Corporal

Post by Smiley69 »

So I tried to go ahead with a treaty when the bar was red...and of course they turned me down. So when you say "bribe", gotta throw out my technolgies, unit blueprints and eventually greenbacks, eh?
"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
Erwin Rommel
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Yup, and cold cash seems to work best.Depending on how badly they think of you and how strong their economy is, you can expect to throw an entire countries treasury at them in the worst cases.
Ive spent a trillion dollars wining over some regions,but again ,thats among the worst ive seen.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”