UN IN/OUT

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

killercz
Warrant Officer

UN IN/OUT

Post by killercz »

Hi,

Is there any diference between i´m IN UN or i´m OUT UN?
Mean, is there any consequence when yoy are kicked out of the UN? ???
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: UN IN/OUT

Post by Balthagor »

You cannot issue bonds if outside the UN. Don't recall if there is anything else.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
HalakBalakBalak
Captain

Post by HalakBalakBalak »

Um, Yes I can...

I can always issue bonds, regardless... and pay them off.
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

Balthagor wrote:You cannot issue bonds if outside the UN. Don't recall if there is anything else.
Its a nice complex game, so short answers dondt hit allways...

You cannot issue bonds if outside the UN, and everybody else is inside. The amount is limitet to the economic power of all nations on your side (in/out) of the UN.
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

Balthagor wrote:You cannot issue bonds if outside the UN. Don't recall if there is anything else.
That doesn't seem realistic, didn't the US sell war bonds during WWII to it's citizens?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Pwned9080 wrote: That doesn't seem realistic, didn't the US sell war bonds during WWII to it's citizens?
The way bonds are issued ingame is you are borrowing from other nations. You are not borrowing from citizens of your country. So in the past it did not have anything todo with the UN. However in the year 2020, BG's cyrstal ball told them that UN members would only be allowed to issue and recieve bonds from other UN nations. Of course if you and your financer are niether in the UN then the UN cannot prevent you from issuing or recieving a bond.
sonofliberty
Warrant Officer

Post by sonofliberty »

So can you sell bonds directly to other nations? I have 9 Trillion dollars burning a hole in uncle sam's pocket. If they default, do you get control of thier lands?

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”