AI too passive

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Alexsej
Warrant Officer

AI too passive

Post by Alexsej »

AI is too passive. Nothing is happening.
No wars, no insurgency, no reactionism ( US, Russia ???), no nothing. Everybody is in one big "happy" alliance !?! Everybody but me.
Like everybody is sleeping.
What is going on, is this normal???
Opthalamia
Colonel

Re: AI too passive

Post by Opthalamia »

I guess you start with the wrong "map". Try Meltdown.
Alexsej
Warrant Officer

Post by Alexsej »

Im playing World 2020 Campaign map.
Whats World in Crisis 2020 like?
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

From Wiki:

"Supreme Ruler 2020 contains almost all of the current world's countries and many sub regions, such as divided nations or some states and provinces. The game currently supports up to 255 regions to run on the map at the same time. The two primary starting maps consist of either 184 countries or 249 countries.

World 2020 includes 184 countries and is closely related to the world in the year 2008. Some countries in the world that are not internationally recognized or are too small of a scale to make them their own playable region have been combined into other regions.

Shattered World/Melting Point includes 249 regions. Many of these regions include larger world countries divided into pieces usually along border and state lines. At the same time, many smaller island regions have been grouped into a new region called the "UN Protectorate".

Additional Maps usually start from either of the above mentioned maps. Further groupings can occur and scenarios can be built from the maps to offer players specific objectives and appeal to a variety of play styles. "

Ok, its called Melting Point in the origal Version. After a few Month, about 50 Regions should be at war. Israel, Russia, Pakistan, China and Korea are allways at war with anybody in my games. As Germany, ive usually a 100% CB against Russia and China after a few years. And all non-Allied Countrys have 100% against me after i conquered China.
Alexsej
Warrant Officer

Post by Alexsej »

OK. But What is difference between two campaigns: "World 2020" & "World 2020 in Crisis"
Is there any description about campaigns?
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

Ive 4 Campains, 1 x with actual Nations, 1x with more Nations, nearly all bigger Guys are broken down into many smaller Regions.

Both Maps have a aggressive and a peacefull Version.

World 2020 in Crisis could be the aggressive Version.
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

World 2020 in Crisis could be the aggressive Version.
Correct. World 2020 is probably the most peaceful campaign as comapre to World 2020 in Crisis, Melting Point and Shattered World. The "no unit" are experimental sandbox (campaigns).

In World 2020 in Crisis: China and Russia will probably be at war from day 1. Also, Myanmar and Thailand. Iran and Pakistan. Noth Korea and South Korea. Israel and Syria. Then, others will join the war or start another war.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Yea I dont see why they put a campaign game and a scenario game in the list. Campaign game usualy means it follows some lame (well not always lame) story line, where your map resets everytime you finish an objective and they move you to a new map for new objectives. And scenario game is usualy where they give you a choice of maps and you get todo what you want.

For RTS games specificaly world simulators I think you are going to find more people going with scenario games instead of campaign. only to wonder why the game is so peaceful. And not realizing that they should be playing the campaign version of the game. Since its not the progresive story line with objectives that we are all used too.
Octavious226
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by Octavious226 »

There is different maps? i really cant tell if it is a different map :/
Sometimes I'm real cool, but sometimes I could be a real *******. I think everyone is like that.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Octavious226 wrote:There is different maps? i really cant tell if it is a different map :/
Its the same geographically. Politically its different though.
As to the Ai is too peaceful.. If your playing Sr2020 then ya theres an aggressive map and a peaceful map.
If your playing GC.. then bump up the volatility.
Last but not least... diplomatic difficulty settings are strange.. the harder you set it the more AI will dislike you and like each other over time. The lower it is the more AI will like you and dislike each other over time.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

The lower it is the more AI will like you and dislike each other over time.
If you use easy diplomacy or very easy, everyone will like you more but the relationships between the AI regions will be more tilted. IE...if they like each other , they will like each other more but if they dislike each other they will be hating each other on very easy diplomacy.
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

try rogues mod makes things fun
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

ollobrains wrote:try rogues mod makes things fun
Bit late :)
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”