I beg you, better peace options.

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

fishcop444
Sergeant

I beg you, better peace options.

Post by fishcop444 »

Please, it is unreasonable for most countries to "fight to the death." Once you are in a war, it is almost impossible to return to a peaceful status. Also, why does every border incursion or found spy lead to instant war? How bout a few warnings, as in real-life? Also, how do you provoke another country to fight without getting the whole world against you? Please help!
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: I beg you, better peace options.

Post by Legend »

Attack a country if you have a high casus belli rating with them. You will be justified to be at war with them and other countries will be less likely to attack you in return.

If you play at an easier difficulty level - diplomatic difficulty - which you can modify during game with CTRL+SHIFT+S - you should be able to see less of a relationship hit when you declare war... so later on you may be able to get peace. You may have to pay a few billion dollars but a country may accept your bribe to end hostilities. When negotiating for peace take a look at the civilian rating.. if it's greater than nothing you may have a chance to get peace.

As for incursions, it's an area we haven't expanded on much. Do you have any detailed ideas as to what you want to see happen?
"our tank has incurred the territory of country X, our relations are now tense." 1) remove tank, 2) set up hotspot and invade
CharlieRomeo
Warrant Officer

Post by CharlieRomeo »

i dont know how hard it would be to implement this but it would be interesting if the reaction of a country is set to their defcon status.

i am aware that the player can turn off the "trigger war on incursion" thing, maybe this could be automated for the ai by binding it to the defcon status plus raising casus belli.
sonofliberty
Warrant Officer

Post by sonofliberty »

Legend wrote:Attack a country if you have a high casus belli rating with them. You will be justified to be at war with them and other countries will be less likely to attack you in return.

As for incursions, it's an area we haven't expanded on much. Do you have any detailed ideas as to what you want to see happen?
"our tank has incurred the territory of country X, our relations are now tense." 1) remove tank, 2) set up hotspot and invade
We need a way to manufacture CB against nations. Either with spies, and or Diplomatically. What is a high enough level? 20%, 30%?

That would be a better reaction to spies being discovered, moreso than a military incursion.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”