Treaties... effects

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

brekehan
Captain

Treaties... effects

Post by brekehan »

Can anyone explain what the differant treaties do in game terms?

For example, what effect will a free trade treaty have on my nation? It only says "helps equalize trade"... well thats vague.

Criminal Extradition?
Labor Force?

What attributes of my nation will these effect and in what way?
Shadi
Corporal

Post by Shadi »

agreed. the manual appendicies also need to be revised with some numbers.
Grendar
Lieutenant

Post by Grendar »

Well the labour thingie increase immigration/emigration between the states, at least I think it does that.
Epox
Corporal

Post by Epox »

Could we have a Goat to help us here? I also have no idea what Free Trade and Labour is. Could we have some details please?

Also on another note, that bug with regions fall after save really is gamebreaking.. Please hurry, I can't play because Mexico and Canada allways win vs US. Not giving me chance to take it over myself with Iraq :/
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Epox wrote:Could we have a Goat to help us here? I also have no idea what Free Trade and Labour is. Could we have some details please?

Also on another note, that bug with regions fall after save really is gamebreaking.. Please hurry, I can't play because Mexico and Canada allways win vs US. Not giving me chance to take it over myself with Iraq :/
Your "on the another note" comment should be put elsewhere. We have already said we are working on it. We have already said we are hoping to have it done this week. It will fix the regions fall problem and many other items being discussed in other threads.

As for the details of the above mentioned trade agreements, to put this thread back on track, we are looking this over and will try to get back to you shortly with some info.
Epox
Corporal

Post by Epox »

Legend wrote: Your "on the another note" comment should be put elsewhere. We have already said we are working on it. We have already said we are hoping to have it done this week. It will fix the regions fall problem and many other items being discussed in other threads.

As for the details of the above mentioned trade agreements, to put this thread back on track, we are looking this over and will try to get back to you shortly with some info.
Great, thanks for the quick reply!
Epox
Corporal

Re: Treaties... effects

Post by Epox »

*still holds his breath* Well, anything new about treaties?
Epox
Corporal

Post by Epox »

Anything new?
Rais.N.Hell
Lieutenant

Post by Rais.N.Hell »

Epox wrote:Anything new?
Really? stop being a moron. Sorry to call you that but you well deserve it. They already said they are working on it, stop posting every 5 seconds. Unless your looking to raise your rank on how many post you are "posting". :roll:
Scotimius
Corporal

Post by Scotimius »

Rais.N.Hell wrote:
Epox wrote:Anything new?
Really? stop being a moron. Sorry to call you that but you well deserve it. They already said they are working on it, stop posting every 5 seconds. Unless your looking to raise your rank on how many post you are "posting". :roll:
Tsk Tsk, the guy is just asking for help, Maybe your the one just trying to raise your rank eh?

Epox and Brekehan to answer your questions,

Free Trade is supposed to do two things. The first being equalizing the GDP between you and the country you are making the treaty with. Second being it's supposed to encourage more trade offers from that country you have made the treaty with. Like I say it's supposed to do those two things, but hey who knows.

Free Flow Labor Force is supposed to do two things, one again being equalizing the the GDP between you and the country you are making the treaty with and this is supposed to affect your counter intelligence. Probably makes it harder to find enemy spies.

This is what the games .INI file says. But then again it might not even be working properly, I can't say I've noticed all that much of a difference.

Hope this helps. Have any other questions post em.
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

So free labor don't encourage immigration in any way? And don't help to fight very low unemployment? What a pity. I have 0.8 unemployment rate and don't know what can I do to raise it. :(
Epox
Corporal

Post by Epox »

Scotimius wrote:
Epox and Brekehan to answer your questions,

Free Trade is supposed to do two things. The first being equalizing the GDP between you and the country you are making the treaty with. Second being it's supposed to encourage more trade offers from that country you have made the treaty with. Like I say it's supposed to do those two things, but hey who knows.

Free Flow Labor Force is supposed to do two things, one again being equalizing the the GDP between you and the country you are making the treaty with and this is supposed to affect your counter intelligence. Probably makes it harder to find enemy spies.

This is what the games .INI file says. But then again it might not even be working properly, I can't say I've noticed all that much of a difference.

Hope this helps. Have any other questions post em.
Allright, that's something I didn't expect. I thought, same as Uglyr that Free Flow of Labor Force was just that to increase the Labor.
I would really like a Goat to come here and clarify this.

Also Free trade doesn't make any sense for me atleast. Why bother with equalizing GDP for example if my Somalia has 600 GDP and I get a Free Trade treatie with for example, USA. Will my GDP get up or will his get down hehe

Bedsides, reading the forums I notice that getting the GDP higher only increases inflation (as far as I have understood) and that it is generally a bad thing to have higher GDP :>

I am confused ^^

Anyway thanks for the help Scotty! ;)
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

Epox wrote:Also Free trade doesn't make any sense for me atleast. Why bother with equalizing GDP for example if my Somalia has 600 GDP and I get a Free Trade treatie with for example, USA. Will my GDP get up or will his get down hehe
Oh you are playing Somalia too? *respect*
It was my lovely in Superpower2 and now I play them here. ;)
Scotimius
Corporal

Post by Scotimius »

hehe yeah I know there's alot thats confusing about this game. But like I say thats what the games .Ini file says.

Free Flow labor, the reason it affects your counter intel i would assume is because of people coming in to the country.
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

There was no any serious bonuses of trade treaties in sr2010 so that's why there is nothing serious with this treaties in sr2020. Unfortunately, even Embassies do nothing :(((

Or may be it does but noone knows how exactly it effects on relationships between countries.
... lai dzivo latvija !

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”