Treaties... effects

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

brekehan
Captain

Re: Treaties... effects

Post by brekehan »

Still no reply from an official voice....
Disappointing. I'd really like to know more about features that are in the game. Even if the answer is they don't do a thing, I'd like to know. I have attempted to analyze the effects myself several times and have seen little. My analysis may not be the best and most observant though.
kirazzo
Warrant Officer

Post by kirazzo »

Free Flow labor:

If you sign this with nations that has lower GDP than you there will be an increase of your imigration. Of course, this works the same way the other way around so keep a close eye on those GDP stats. :wink:

I've tested it as Indonesia and Congo and both scenarios applied to me. These is also some algoritm for the amount of pop in the nation you have the treaty with but I've not managed to figure this out yet.

Regards
Kirazzo
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

Are you sure your increased immigration wasn't caused by something else? Just because action A preceded effect B, that doesn't mean that the former caused the latter. Did you check if your partner country's emigration increased along with your immigration? Are you sure your immigrants didn't come from various other countries, attracted by your social ratings?
After all, the devs themselves said that the treaty doesn't affect migration. Besides, I tested it myself and found no effect.

I wish you were right, though... :-(
kirazzo
Warrant Officer

Post by kirazzo »

I cannot say I'm a 100% sure, however in both cases after signing the agreement my immigration has increased dramaticlly whilst their emigration has gone up, but you are quite right...there might be other factors affecting this at the same time. I did sign it with basicly all countries WW with a lower GDP and I did see a heafty increase after this change. I assumed the effect was caused by this. :roll:

/K
Pete
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

Don't think the treaties are worthless.
It seems the most important thing most of the treaties do is to improve relations with another country. Deals and treaties do seem to have a direct relationship in lowering their CB towards you and increasing your "friends" discount when you trade.

-Free trade does seem to have an effect, but it's only clear if the discrepancy between the countries is huge and it seems the size of the two populations is a factor in magnify the effects. For example, as Germany with a GDP of ~ $42,000 I was experiencing hyper inflation. I free traded with several large, dirt poor nations (China, India, Indonesia, Brazil) and in each test game I saw a significant reduction in inflation within 2 game weeks. I had just started large construction projects so inflation should have continued, but after the free trades it froze at 9.0% and slowly started to creep down. Domestic markups and taxes/social spending were locked. Hardly a scientific experiment, but clearly Free Trade does have an impact.
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Interesting stuff Pete. Did you notice your GDP go down, stabilise or increase when you signed those free trade agreements with emerging market nations? Thanks.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”