Making peace with enemy

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Ferraris
Sergeant

Making peace with enemy

Post by Ferraris »

First of all, sorry for my english!

Im playing with Argentina in "world in crisis" scenerio and Brazil attack me, after some skirmish at the border the IA stop sending me units and i did the same... the years pass but im still in war, the CB doesnt apear to drop and the relation between our contrys dont get better

what should i do?
drekx
Sergeant

Post by drekx »

The way i've been handling it is just make more troops and walk over into argentina. One way to achieve peace is if you take over the whole country heh. To me it's too much trouble to achieve peace through diplomacy. The only way i've found to be able to get a peace treaty is if i give them lots of separate lump sum(i've given up to 500B before) until the diplomatic relations are better and then try for the treaty.
Mitchell
Lieutenant

Post by Mitchell »

I am not sure about the World in Crisis scenario - it may be set so that Brazil will always hate you - but what I would do is station artillery and entranched infantry startegically along the border with defensive only ROE and start by asking for a cease fire. They may reply with a counter offer asking for money as well. If they ignore it you will have to take a longer approach of gifts and smaller trades. You should also make sure your build capacity is lower than theirs, at least for long enough to get the deal you want. Otherwise, you can just station your defenses and ignor them - they will send the odd unit now and then, but your artillery will chew them up piecemeal without you having to do anything. Of course, this means you have to maintain at least DEFCON 3, which is expensive and I presume the reason you want the war to end in fact and not just in practice?
Mitchell
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Hmm.... is ceasefire treaty still in the game ?

All ive seen so far is Peace treaty.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

its the samething
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
prophetUK

Post by prophetUK »

It's essentially impossible to make a reasonable peace treaty with the AI. You basically have to entirely disarm your own country (entirely, deactivating fabrications won't work), and then offer them ludicrous amounts of cash. And that's true even if you've hammered them down to the last city they've got.

The diplomacy AI, even on the easier levels, is criminally insane.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

It's essentially impossible to make a reasonable peace treaty with the AI.
Nope.I did it with Turkey, while playing iran just like 2 days after they declared on me.Didnt have to pay them one red cent.Or one normal cent either.Detailed and screenshoted in my AAR.

I also did so with pakistan, also playing as Iran,in my first game of sr2020.Again within days of them declaring against me.

I cant say i have a handle on why it can be done, IE how it works,but i can say for sure it can be done.

I tend to think at the present, it has to do with how large their belli(and likely the other ratings) is against you when they declare.But thats speculation.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ferraris
Sergeant

Post by Ferraris »

well, i found a bug :p

i offered peace for nothing and they accepted, the AI thinks we are at war but no militar actions ocurred in 3 years....

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”