Garrison suggestion.

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

dust off
General

Garrison suggestion.

Post by dust off »

Wow, Ive just really enjoyed the impact that they now have. Attacking into the San Fransisco area theydid several things:
1. really slowed my advance
2.causing irritating casualties that are weaking my force for a push on the capital
3. Played a role in helping 8 damaged AI batalions get back to another base, and are now buying them time to repair.

BTW I am playing on V hard military AI.

I got the gaming feeling that real slug-fest street battles were going on and it reminded me of Al Nasaria and Falluja.

My suggestion is that for third-world countries, especially mid-east that garrisons units where a part civilian clothes and carry an AK. This would go some way towards how some countris have learnt that to fight US they have to go asymetrical.
Graymane
Major

Post by Graymane »

Not sure I understand or agree with the suggestion, but I definately vote thumbs up on your other comments about garrisions. I think it is GREAT idea and implementation that helps reduce micromanagement! Two thumbs up there, goats.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Thanks for the great comments. Are you suggesting that the 3D model for garrisons in 3rd world countries looked different?
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I am suggesting that tehy should look different to asthetically represent how wars are being faught now and near future.

e.g. Middle East= jeans and combat jacket, head scarf (Shamel??) with AK.
Afric= no head scarf
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Sounds like a good atmosphere enhancement to me.

Course, i want all MY spies to look like red haired green eyed serving wenches.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Although I can't say when we would work on more "unit" details such as those you are mentioning, with our 3D models it may make things easier to add variety. With our current garrison system there would need to be more code written to handle which nation gets which infantry unit but after that, we would be able to make database and 3D texture changes to put it into effect. Don't get your hopes up as there are many higher priority items to work on first. But it may open things up for the future.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Yes, many more priorities, but sounds promising, and by should I meant as in just a suggestion. :-)
Graymane
Major

Post by Graymane »

To be honest, I'd rather have the ability to stick other kinds of units in garrison :-)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

How would that be different that just moving a unit there and entrenching it ?
(Besides being able to produce said unit without the normally required facility.Which would be VERY bad thing imo).
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Graymane
Major

Post by Graymane »

I guess I never really thought about it or looked at it, but regular units that you have in the hex don't show up in the little icon area of the facility do they?

EDIT: Ok, I double-checked, garrisioned units do not show up as normal units in the same hex and entrenched units do not show up as garrisioned units.

Return to “Military - 2020”