AI ever play to win?

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

red
General

Post by red »

This is 2010 and Very Hard--I understand the anti-human bias (why is that even in?) is ratched up on difficulty level, but I don't see the difference between a senseless reason to declare war and a senseless declaration of war. Belli raised on me regardless of what I did and led to DoWs, so it is the same as if people had declared on me regardless of I did. I was always at war with everyone, no matter how I tried to play. I would touch the border of some minor country I'd never had any dealings with, they would declare war on me, and I'd crush them in a day or two, to be followed by a campaign against the next region whose border I touched, and so on. Not a good diplomatic system or AI.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

What ? Red at war with everyone ?Im incredulous ! Say it aint so !

I mean geez, thats like saying water is wet !..... oh..... wait ....
:P

Perhaps the AI has some hidden feature that lets it look at a players muliplayer history and than use that look to form a diplomatic view of the player ? :P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
red
General

Post by red »

You know, I was actually very peaceable, until I was exposed to the AI. Now, what you see before you... :evil: Nah, but it happens even when I play nice and close bases and bribe people and so on. They just want to kill me, nothing but.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Yea ,yea yea .... You AND Ghengis :P

Damn those nasty polo ponies for turning that "nice boy" Ghengis into such a rampaging warmonger !
If only they had been "Rainbow Ponies", he would have grown up to be an accountant !
:P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

red wrote:This is 2010 and Very Hard--I understand the anti-human bias (why is that even in?) is ratched up on difficulty level, but I don't see the difference between a senseless reason to declare war and a senseless declaration of war...
As mentioned, even within the dev team we can't agree on what the effects of "Diplomacy = Very Hard" should do, but currently it does create artificial Belli towards human players resulting in declarations of war. That is why I play my games on Diplomacy = Normal and is probably the main reason why Supreme Ruler 2020 breaks difficulty settings into 3 parts (Economy, Military, Diplomacy). So you still get 100% of the military challenge without the diplomacy doing things you disagree with. It's the best of both worlds...

Beyond that, you're welcome to offer suggestions on how a "normal" AI should differ form a "very easy" or "very hard" one and I'll present them to George for review, he is continuing to work on the AI.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

I just want a SUICIDE level, so that the AI BUILDS and tries to conquer the world if the situation is right. Using transports, back door techniques,surpise, even NUKING oppenents at the right time. Who cares about realism, it IS a game. 2010 was too easy. I wanna take over the world with Eritrea, or Somalia and be challenged!
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

does the ai even use transports or do you have the ultimate advantage as playing great britain or japan? or austrailia as a matter of fact?
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

The AI does use transports in some limited cases, but as indicate above, the game was not designed with each AI region wanting to take over the world. AI regions will engage in regional battles for their own interests, and will gang up (or split into opposing for & against blocs) against an aggressor.

-- George.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

and what are those limited occasions?
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"

Return to “Military - 2020”