empty ports and airports

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

empty ports and airports

Post by georgios »

Hello. I just realized that some of my ports or airports have at new game start, no units reserved inside. The other work well. What is the reason of this?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: empty ports and airports

Post by GIJoe597 »

I would imagine it is as simple as not every airport and port on the map had a military function to it. Seems like BG did their best to add real world locations, so you will have many such facilities with no reserves. (best guess)

Why do you ask?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Units are not preset to a location. When the game is cached, units contained in orbat files are distributed to all barracks, ports and airports of the region or group-region. That was my initial condition too. But now some ports and airports of more than one countries are empty and all units are distributed to the rest. I play edited (by myself) version of the game and this happened after years of almost everyday modding. What reason can cause this bug? How can I debug it? Perhaps it is my fault. But what error could lead to this? I checked the OOF data of these cities and they seem ok.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:Units are not preset to a location...
They can be by setting the x,y in the orbats.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Balthagor wrote:They can be by setting the x,y in the orbats.
They can, but in the standard scenario the orbats have empty value in x, y variable. Thus, units must be equally distributed.

Return to “Military - 2020”