Problem with naval missiles

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Problem with naval missiles

Post by catatonic »

All SR ships are designed with the assumption that each one has four missile launchers and that each one is non-reloadable. This is based upon the Russian ship model where they pack four or eight missiles on deck in non-reloadable tubes.

But in reality most real warships ships have at the most just two launchers. And modern American ships have magazines full of dozens of quick-loadable missiles ready to redeploy within 30 seconds of a launch. So my expensive SR CG/cruiser is rated at 24/6 = 4 missiles, when the real-life Bunker Hill cruiser carries 122 missiles, all ready to fire from their vertical launch system array.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Problem with naval missiles

Post by Balthagor »

I'd see the accessing missiles reserves as a higher priority. The current system is a reasonable abstraction IMO. At least I think it's not worth more development time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

I wasn't expecting you to fix it. I was just sharing the info with those who might want to mod around the problem:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=21170
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
CheefCoach
Warrant Officer

Post by CheefCoach »

Well, sooner or later, there will be new Supreme ruler. And it seems that all of them share algorithms. Just want to say, when you develop new SR 2020 don't carry on bugs from last one. ;)

Don't forget that American cruisers ( destroyers...) caring missiles that aren't in game missiles, like AA missiles, ground attack missiles or anti-ship missiles; all as default ship attack. So you have only control on part of available launcher tubes.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

catatonic wrote: the real-life Bunker Hill cruiser carries 122 missiles, all ready to fire from their vertical launch system array.
I see horrific stories of 122 missiles all be shot at the same time at a single garrision unit.

Return to “Military - 2020”