Organising units for Big Nations

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Deca.Death
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Organising units for Big Nations

Post by Deca.Death »

For big nations such as China, Russia and the US what is the best way to organise your units?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Organising units for Big Nations

Post by Ruges »

Stacks and each stack its own batlegroup.
Deca.Death
Warrant Officer

Post by Deca.Death »

To put over 1000 Ground ground units into each individual stack? Might be fine for small countries with only 50-100 ground units, but for big ones with lots of units its a micromanagment nightmare :o :-? :o , any more suggestions on how i can organise my ground units?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Game mechanic will only allow 7 units to be in each hex, so generally that is considered a stack.

There are not any game mechanics that will let you do anything other than what Ruges suggested. You can lasso/rubber band a number to groups and call them battle groups but that is the only option offered by game mechanics. There is no "OOB/hierarchy/theater" mechanic such as you will find in HOI3, as an example.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

exparamentation is the best way
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I usually stack them, in groups of 7, into what I call brigades(they usually sum up to become ~brigade size), then usually organize them into Battlegroups. Battlegroup control is not that good(they scraped some features from SR2020), BG should make a pop-up that lists all battle groups when you click a hotkey or key combo, so you can fast select a group in battle and give them orders. There is the number keys, but I find them clumsy to use when when handling with tens, if not hundreds of battle groups. It would also be helpful to be able to name your battlegroups and the proposed list would sort them by name(giving you some control of what groups are on the top on the list).
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:I usually stack them, in groups of 7, into what I call brigades(they usually sum up to become ~brigade size), then usually organize them into Battlegroups. Battlegroup control is not that good(they scraped some features from SR2020), BG should make a pop-up that lists all battle groups when you click a hotkey or key combo, so you can fast select a group in battle and give them orders. There is the number keys, but I find them clumsy to use when when handling with tens, if not hundreds of battle groups. It would also be helpful to be able to name your battlegroups and the proposed list would sort them by name(giving you some control of what groups are on the top on the list).
Hear Hear!
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire

Return to “Military - 2020”