how do i supply my fleet

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

MrLegendardisch
Corporal
Human: Yes

how do i supply my fleet

Post by MrLegendardisch »

So i am Australia or Holland
Mostly holland

so holland has this carrier, i need to take over the caribean but then
bam
many ships stand still on the middle of the ocean
no feul..

how do i keep them rolling?

how do i supply my air units over sea and such??

i have ruge mod
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: how do i supply my fleet

Post by Ruges »

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Supply_SR2020
Supply trucks, transport aircraft and supply/transport ships that have spare cargo capacity can be used to resupply other units. When you move such unit into the hex nearby another unit that needs to be resupplied the supplies will automatically transfer from the transport to the depleated unit. To restock the truck or cargo aircraft, move it back to a supplied hex.

Also I will give you a tip for moving stuff long distances. If your just trying to move it from one place to anouther. have it move at a slower speed. At very slow speed it uses much less fuel so it can go much further.

Transporting planes can be a bit trickier. You have a few options for this. Again just for having them reposition over great distances, you should set them to very slow speed. So the first option is to fly them directly there. This is not always an option. Secound is to have them airport hop. This might require you to get air transit rights from the other countries. Making it so you can have them go from airport to airport to airport along the way to the desitnation. Third options is mid air refueling. Some planes have the ability to mid air refuel. You can check the icons for it, some will have an icon that can give fuel and others have it so they can recieve fuel. Doing this will make it so a plane can pretty much fly indeffenatly. Fourth option can be done in two ways, but it is considered the carrier option. way A is to have the planes land on the carrier (only carrier capable planes can do this and there are two types of planes short and long deck), Then sail the carrier to destination and have the planes fly to where ever). Way B is to set up a carrier bridge. Basicaly placing several carriers in a line at strategic points so a carrier capable plane flying across the ocean hops from carrier to carrier refueling at each as it crosses.
MrLegendardisch
Corporal

Concidering but how doe i supply fleets
MrLegendardisch
Corporal

My fleet hops from coast to coast and a plane is near florida so it kinda works
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Fixed wing aircraft cannot supply ships. Only helo's and other ships.
MrLegendardisch
Corporal

But still coast to coast worked and reached suriname. But lost the war and whole planet hates me...

Return to “Military - 2020”