interest rates on Bonds

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Porsche
Sergeant
Human: Yes

interest rates on Bonds

Post by Porsche »

I am playing Germany in a campaign against Russia. Even before declaring war
on Russia, the interest rates on my outstanding bonds has gone from 3% to >20%
which is crippling me. Does one have to live with this or can this situation be avoided?

AG
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: interest rates on Bonds

Post by Ruges »

Sure interest rates can be avoided by paying back your bonds.
Porsche
Sergeant

Post by Porsche »

Obviously understood, but what prompts the interest rates to make this quantum leap in the first place?
The game is difficult enough as it is without this totally unrealistic handicap

AG
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

The bonds are 1 year loans at a fixed rate. At the end of the year you will need to pay the bond back. If you do not or cannot pay it back, they will reissue the bond depending on your credit rating. Which generaly is much worse (depending on game difficulty settings) then when the bond was first issued. Bring your GDP up, and repay some of the bonds and your interest rate will go down.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Also, given time you will simply ignore bonds. They have never been a serious issue with any country I have ever played. If you find yourself needing money sell resources or techs if allowed, sell old equipment or raise the mark-up on goods. Remember you only have to have a 26% or so DAR once every 4 years if you have elections on. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Porsche
Sergeant

Post by Porsche »

Thank you for the suggestions. In 2010 it was possible to sell old units, which was a good source of income, but I have
not seen this facility available in 2020. I always invest a lot of money on Tech, so I am usually short of money. I played several
2010 games in which quite early in the game I paid off all my debts, after which I swam in cash and could do what I wanted
without restraint.

AG
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Porsche wrote:Thank you for the suggestions. In 2010 it was possible to sell old units, which was a good source of income, but I have
not seen this facility available in 2020. I always invest a lot of money on Tech, so I am usually short of money. I played several
2010 games in which quite early in the game I paid off all my debts, after which I swam in cash and could do what I wanted
without restraint.

AG

Make sure you have the latest patch, you can now sell units. They hae to be in your reserves to sell them.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

6.8.1 is the current and last update for SR2020:Gold/Global Conquest. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Porsche
Sergeant

Post by Porsche »

Hi General, I am having problems with the 6.8.1 update. I download this massive file, it unzips and executes, and then a message
appears telling me "Nothing to update". I have run this several times, and each time with the same result. Any ideas? For sure I do
not aleady have it as there are features which it brings that are blatantly missing, (the ability to sell redundant units being one of them)

AG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

try a full uninstall/reinstall.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Porsche
Sergeant

Post by Porsche »

Hi Chris,

reinstallation may work, but where am I likely to find my saved game files, or can I reinstall leaving my saved game files intact?

AG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Your savegame location is specified in the game options / files although Windows XP or Windows 7 may be using a "virtual" directory making it harder to find. If you make a savegame with an unique filename you could search for that.

The game does ask if you want to delete savegames during uninstall but I always like to backup my files before reinstalling just in case Windows acts up.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - 2020”