Attacking russia

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

wolakseak15
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Attacking russia

Post by wolakseak15 »

I have 260 units and im attacked kaliningrad and my army has been destroyed ,anyone can help
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Attacking russia

Post by GIJoe597 »

Don't attack Russia?

On a serious note, I am not even sure what the question is? Could you be more specific. The more you help us understand your issue the better we may be able to help you with it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Wilson
Sergeant

Post by Wilson »

Attacking Russia headlong is, essentially, pissing into the wind.

Make a war of attrition -- attack his essential supplies, oil fields etc, give him a while to wear down and then go for him from the north or something, but attacking in from the west is doomed to failure (just look at every person that's ever tried this in history!)
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Attacking Russia can be hard but try to make this ugly idea a more safe option by not attacking without arty to repel counter attacks. And a lot of AA to deal with their massive air force.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

I usually build a line of fortifications, and entrench 7x units with the highest close attack values I can. Then I send small expeditionary forces to take some land, and drag the Russian units to my fortified lines. Have stacks of arty behind the forts (with supply units ofc, anti air behind that (remember the Russkies use lots of high air units, so patriots/grumble are nice for this.)). Also anti-air sites in the forts are a good thing. And use radar sites, advanced if you can. This lets the 200km+ anti air do their work before they can send missiles at you.

Next use cruise missiles to knock out Russian airfields. If they have no air fields, they cannot buzz-saw your troops, as the high air foxbats and such have pathetically short ranges. Use missiles to counter their ground forces.

You need a strong airforce/missile capability to defeat Russia without high losses inflicted on your ground forces.

knock out Russian air power, and it's a walk in the park!
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

Attacking in overwhelming force is another option. It lacks the finesse of Ragu's method but it will work. Provided that you have the forces available, its the lazy way of doing it. If you have an offensive ground army of 100,000+ personnel (including strong artillery and AA components) and a strong air contingent to accompany, you can bulldoze your way into moscow even from the west without too much difficulty. Oh, and you WILL take losses...

Return to “Military - 2020”