Allies don`t help me

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

wolakseak15
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Allies don`t help me

Post by wolakseak15 »

I have many Treaties like mutual defense with germany czech republic Slovakia etc im playing poland ,what can i do ?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Allies don`t help me

Post by Ruges »

Here is an AAR where a player is playing as lithuania, which is much worse off in a war against Russia. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=19562 maybe you can pick up some pointers from it.
wolakseak15
Sergeant

Post by wolakseak15 »

i mean why allies can`t help with fight against any country ,there is possible to edit files/create mod or edit ingame options?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Try my mod. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=12816 in this version allies tend to help each other out allot. And playiing as Poland you pretty much have the whole EU backing you up. Even UK and france will send some units.
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Ruges wrote:Try my mod. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=12816 in this version allies tend to help each other out allot. And playiing as Poland you pretty much have the whole EU backing you up. Even UK and france will send some units.
I have to agree here. I am playing as Russia using Ruges Mod sweeping across Europe. I saw Germans assisting the Polish, I saw the UK assisting Germany, I saw the Netherlands and Belgium pouring in their forces trying to save Germany. The UK and France were throwing up one hell of a fight before Belgium and the Netherlands fell.

Good stuff, great challenge, I have had to change my tactics several times while trudging across Europe. This is not only the land war, the AI's that are allied have been mucking up my forces left and right with their air power. I will even say that I am extremely low on my air assets and I may have to cede the air to the Brits if the UK remains in power on their little island much longer.
wolakseak15
Sergeant

Post by wolakseak15 »

Im used this mod germany "have" war with belarus and serbia but not send units to war :(
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Tnarg wrote:
Ruges wrote:Try my mod. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=12816 in this version allies tend to help each other out allot. And playiing as Poland you pretty much have the whole EU backing you up. Even UK and france will send some units.
I have to agree here. I am playing as Russia using Ruges Mod sweeping across Europe. I saw Germans assisting the Polish, I saw the UK assisting Germany, I saw the Netherlands and Belgium pouring in their forces trying to save Germany. The UK and France were throwing up one hell of a fight before Belgium and the Netherlands fell.

Good stuff, great challenge, I have had to change my tactics several times while trudging across Europe. This is not only the land war, the AI's that are allied have been mucking up my forces left and right with their air power. I will even say that I am extremely low on my air assets and I may have to cede the air to the Brits if the UK remains in power on their little island much longer.
Actually, allies tend to help but only against the player...every game I played (ruges mod) my allies never helped me or each other but our enemies always helped each other against us :-? (the pattern repeated 8 games in a row for now and USA as an ally is especially inactive :evil: )

[_]OT (Ruges mod) does anybody knows how the "combat supplies treaty" and "military unit supplies treaty" work? I can't get any units offer from my allies :-?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
truculent
Sergeant

Post by truculent »

number47 wrote:
Actually, allies tend to help but only against the player...every game I played (ruges mod) my allies never helped me or each other but our enemies always helped each other against us :-? (the pattern repeated 8 games in a row for now and USA as an ally is especially inactive :evil: )

[_]OT (Ruges mod) does anybody knows how the "combat supplies treaty" and "military unit supplies treaty" work? I can't get any units offer from my allies :-?
Actually allies do HELP the player. I'm playing as Nigeria and my allies declare war on some of my enemies. Libya did declared war on all the countries that attacked me. I'm playing Ruges mod's default settings.

About the "Combat supplies treaty" and "Military unit supplies treaty", Ruges said it's not working and that it was suppose to be in the vanilla game but they probably removed it because it's not functioning right or whatever. It's only use now is to improve relations.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

truculent wrote:Actually allies do HELP the player. I'm playing as Nigeria and my allies declare war on some of my enemies. Libya did declared war on all the countries that attacked me. I'm playing Ruges mod's default settings.
When I said "helping" I meant getting involved in conflict, they just declaring war to half a world and staying in their within their own country borders is no help as far as I'm concerned. :wink:
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yea they dont help as much as you would exspect, Nore do they help as much as you would see in SCCW. However they do help out more then you would see in vanillia. And just enough to make it seem like they are helping. However not in every situation.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ruges wrote:Yea they dont help as much as you would exspect, Nore do they help as much as you would see in SCCW. However they do help out more then you would see in vanillia. And just enough to make it seem like they are helping. However not in every situation.
True. It seems whatever side you play, your enemies allies are always better than your own allies :lol: :lol: :lol:

something like, (from players perspective) enemy of my enemy doesn't necessarily have to by my good friend :lol: and friend of my enemy is most certenly my enemy :D
wolakseak15
Sergeant

Post by wolakseak15 »

Any idea?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

wolakseak15 wrote:Any idea?
If you are Poland, the only way you can get allies to help you is cheat (transfer the savegame to multiplayer folder, loading the game in multiplayer as russia, declaring war to all your current allies, save, load again that multiplayer game as poland, save, transfer that game to singleplayer folder, load the game in singleplayer and watch allies come to help :wink: )
wolakseak15
Sergeant

Post by wolakseak15 »

its dont help russia "have war" with europe but russia not attacking europe and europe not attacking russia
number47
General

Post by number47 »

wolakseak15 wrote:its dont help russia "have war" with europe but russia not attacking europe and europe not attacking russia
Not sure I understood this correctly but I'll try to respond. There is no way of stopping Russia from attacking Poland (if Russia is AI), well maybe you could stop them if playing with "hot relations" on "low" but then there will be no wars in the rest of the world...

Return to “Military - 2020”