will ground based AA units shoot down incoming SS missiles?

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

NukemRico
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

will ground based AA units shoot down incoming SS missiles?

Post by NukemRico »

In my latest lesson/experiment I found my units under surface to surface missile bombardment by an enemy arty. If I had AA units in the vicinity, would they shoot down the incoming missiles? If not, other than destroying the artillery unit launching them, is there any way to deal with this? Israel has well superior equipment to most of Syria's, but once I DOW everyone and their dog shows up at the front which makes reaching the arty in the back impossible. I am pleased at least that my continuous bombardment of the front line hexes has thoroughly mauled anyone trying to get at my Merkavas, but those friggin missiles are killin me.
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: will ground based AA units shoot down incoming SS missil

Post by GIJoe597 »

Missiles are treated the same as aircraft, anything and everything can shoot them. Yes, AAA, ground units, planes etc can shoot down missiles.

Go after the launchers with airpower, easiet way in my opinion. Another method, if you have any arty or navy with the range, is to spot the launchers and then order your navy to bombard the hex.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: will ground based AA units shoot down incoming SS missil

Post by Ruges »

This is also why I usualy like to produce some long range anti unit missles myself.

Always have an option to outrange your enemy, If not you may loose the war of attrition.

Return to “Military - 2020”