Having Problems with Air Transporting troops into helicopter

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Octavious226
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Having Problems with Air Transporting troops into helicopter

Post by Octavious226 »

hi im having problems with Transporting Troops into Transport Helicopters but they wont get in and i get pissed any help?
Sometimes I'm real cool, but sometimes I could be a real *******. I think everyone is like that.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Re: Having Problems with Air Transporting troops into helico

Post by stephen »

Octavious226 wrote:hi im having problems with Transporting Troops into Transport Helicopters but they wont get in and i get pissed any help?
The weight of the unit bigger than the cargo capacity of the helicopter or the helicopter is full
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I agree it is probably a size issue. There are very few helos in game that have the capacity to carry a unit.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

The Airborne Infantry is the lightest (~50t)

~Heinz Guderian~
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

A quick and easy way to check.

(1) Mouse over the unit you want to load. A box will appear that shows you the designation of that unit and all the other units in the same hex with it.

(2) Mouse over the unit name in that box. Another box will appear which gives you more detailed information about that specific unit. In that box is a section labeled "Cargo". In the bottom of the cargo section is a weight value expressed in tons that appears in yellow type. That is the fully loaded (with fuel, ammunition, etc.) weight of that unit. If this is greater than the cargo capacity of whatever you are trying to load the unit into it will not fit.

In the early game I would suggest trying to get the unit design for MI-6 Hook helicopters. They have a cargo capacity of 480 tons and a reasonable travel range.

There is also a minor trick that you can play. Manufacture three identical cargo carrying units (say 3 MI-6 Hook helicopters). Take one of the units and give it the "split unit" command. You will now have 4 helicopter units, two full size and two half size. Go to one of the half size units, and give it the "Merge unit" command designating one of the full size units as the unit to be merged with. Once you have done that, do likewise with the two remaining units. You will then end up with 2 MI-6 Hook helicopter units with a cargo capacity 1.5 times that of a standard MI-6 hook helicopter unit.

Hopefully that will help.
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.
ael
Private

Post by ael »

Octavious226 wrote:hi im having problems with Transporting Troops into Transport Helicopters but they wont get in and i get pissed any help?
I have had similar problems with my Airborne troops. My Hip helicopters have more than enough space to carry them, but they refuse to get in. I found that if there is a barracks in the same hex, if you put them into reserve and pull them out, they will usually board the helicopter with no problems.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

ael wrote:
I have had similar problems with my Airborne troops. My Hip helicopters have more than enough space to carry them, but they refuse to get in. I found that if there is a barracks in the same hex, if you put them into reserve and pull them out, they will usually board the helicopter with no problems.
try to load them at an air field.

~Heinz Guderian~
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

stephen wrote:
ael wrote:
try to load them at an air field.
Won't matter for a helo. I normally manually load as opposed to using air transport. That might be the issue.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!

Return to “Military - 2020”