Initiative none?

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

sonofliber
Corporal
Human: Yes

Initiative none?

Post by sonofliber »

I got a question, when i switch units to initiative 0 (so they dont move from where i put them), they still move in their own accord (for example i put them to attack a city to protect a flank, but after a while they turn tails (they are still supplied and in good shape) and go to help a city thats under attack (which is more than capable of handling it) north of their position, leaving a gap in the flank and screwing my attack).

is there anyway to prevent this?

PS: terrible sorry for my bad english

PS2: do supply trucks run out of supplys?

PS3: how much time does it take for missiles to be deploy to launchers? (aircraft, missile lunchers, etc..)
sirveri
Colonel

Re: Initiative none?

Post by sirveri »

sonofliber wrote:I got a question, when i switch units to initiative 0 (so they dont move from where i put them), they still move in their own accord (for example i put them to attack a city to protect a flank, but after a while they turn tails (they are still supplied and in good shape) and go to help a city thats under attack (which is more than capable of handling it) north of their position, leaving a gap in the flank and screwing my attack).
How are you setting their initiative to zero? I typically use the military advisor and lock them out there, but if you're using the actual unit initiative I'm not sure that works or not (I don't typically touch that setting, not too sure what it does)
sonofliber wrote:PS2: do supply trucks run out of supplys?
Yes. Select the unit, then hover the cursor over the unit name. It will display total supplies and maximum supplies. This number will change based on combat damage. They restock automatically in friendly territory depending on the current supply level. I typically use aircraft for emergency supply and only use high combat time units for assaulting fortified cities. My personal favorite is the M5A2 Dunham, which has good stats and 100 combat hours because it's a laser based unit.
sonofliber wrote:PS3: how much time does it take for missiles to be deploy to launchers? (aircraft, missile lunchers, etc..)
This depends on the supply level in the territory. Also you must either set them to auto deploy or do so manually if that is not set, they must also be able to fit. Some naval units can hold missiles but only of size 1 or 2, while the smallest naval missile is size three, these units will never be able to hold any missiles in the game despite having a missile capacity.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
sonofliber
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by sonofliber »

sirveri wrote:
sonofliber wrote:I got a question, when i switch units to initiative 0 (so they dont move from where i put them), they still move in their own accord (for example i put them to attack a city to protect a flank, but after a while they turn tails (they are still supplied and in good shape) and go to help a city thats under attack (which is more than capable of handling it) north of their position, leaving a gap in the flank and screwing my attack).
How are you setting their initiative to zero? I typically use the military advisor and lock them out there, but if you're using the actual unit initiative I'm not sure that works or not (I don't typically touch that setting, not too sure what it does)
sonofliber wrote:PS2: do supply trucks run out of supplys?
Yes. Select the unit, then hover the cursor over the unit name. It will display total supplies and maximum supplies. This number will change based on combat damage. They restock automatically in friendly territory depending on the current supply level. I typically use aircraft for emergency supply and only use high combat time units for assaulting fortified cities. My personal favorite is the M5A2 Dunham, which has good stats and 100 combat hours because it's a laser based unit.
sonofliber wrote:PS3: how much time does it take for missiles to be deploy to launchers? (aircraft, missile lunchers, etc..)
This depends on the supply level in the territory. Also you must either set them to auto deploy or do so manually if that is not set, they must also be able to fit. Some naval units can hold missiles but only of size 1 or 2, while the smallest naval missile is size three, these units will never be able to hold any missiles in the game despite having a missile capacity.
thanks a lot sirveri, from what i have try, it was the minister moving my units, once i lock him away from them, they stop moving (which makes me wonder what does initiative do)
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Initiative works different for different type of units. For example you can have your minister locked out of unit control and all your frigates and patrol boats on high initiative and some (not all ) of those will still move around on their own. It seems to only effect the frigates and patrol boats, I havent noticed subs or other other ships moving w/o specific orders.

Another example , aircraft on "high" initiative will launch missiles on 1st target they see in range while those on "none"
will not fire but they wont go patroling around on their own. IIRC it also effects their reaction time to air incursions and how far from the base they will engage.

Its one of things you have to play around with to get a full understanding of how it works in different situations.

Return to “Military - 2020”