subs vs planes / ports closed / units refusing

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

BishopNL
Sergeant
Human: Yes

subs vs planes / ports closed / units refusing

Post by BishopNL »

While playing I bump into some strange things:

1. Subs are able to attack planes - and they are good at it too.
I helped Poland annexing Svettly from Russia.
Russia parked a bunch of subs in front of the city in the Baltic Sea.
2 squadrons of Nimrods and 1 squadron of Sea hawks were sent to destroy them as the sea around was cleared from any Russian Navy.
To my big surprise, they started shooting back at my planes and the planes had to return for repairs :o
Are subs able to defend (that strong) against airplanes in the game ?

2. Suddenly my ports seem to be closed for my ships.
I am still at war with Russia and want to park a marine regiment on a transport (L173 Jason) into my port in Gibraltar. (has sea port and barracks).
They just won't go in. At first the unit seem to understand it's command and destination to Gibraltar is set but this changes to some coordinates next to the city.
I tried to go to another port but still it will refuse to go in. Other ships are commanded to go into the port, but also they are not entering.
any suggestions ?

3. My forces are refusing to enter enemy territory.
A assault brigade is parked into Estonia to attack Russia from the border.
The village where they are parked is next to the border and it's target is located 48km into russian territory.
80km futher south a strong force of Russian tanks (8 battalions) are waiting.
My first intention is to sent a recon to scout and then a regiment of 3 tanks to start the first wave of attack on the russian military complex.
They refuse to cross the border !
I have tried every possible settings on the individual ROE - none will work.
Please help me out, this is somewhat frustrating !
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: subs vs planes / ports closed / units refusing

Post by Ruges »

1) only some subs have AA. And they are usualy Russian subs.

2) Trying to researve a ship that has units in its cargo? I dont think I have tried this before, And would not be suprized if you need to unload the units before you researve it.

3) Not sure what is going on here. some screen shots might help
BishopNL
Sergeant

Post by BishopNL »

1. SUBS VS PLANES

Looking at the situation above, the subs have no attack value to mid air planes which are my nimrods.
Besides that, subs being that effective to airpower is kinda hard to get.
Once located and not supported by surface ships, they should be easy shooting.

The group of subs located in the baltic, as seen on the situation above, are a real problem.
They are very effective to counter any incoming danger, be it by sea or air.
You cant get them with missiles, my planes cant get them, so the only solution is to sent a very strong navy fleet to defeat them, making a dangerous gap into my naval defence.
I allready lost 1 T45 DD and a FRG to this.
I need at least the same amount of ships to get rid of them. By far not what I was counting for.
BishopNL
Sergeant

Post by BishopNL »

2. PORTS CLOSED
2) Trying to researve a ship that has units in its cargo? I dont think I have tried this before, And would not be suprized if you need to unload the units before you researve it.
No, not even that.
I try to get my other ships to port aswell.
None will enter the port.

I dont intend to reserve the marine regiment. I just want to station them into Gibraltar.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Looking at the situation above, the subs have no attack value to mid air planes which are my nimrods.
Aircraft come down to close air when attacking.
I dont intend to reserve the marine regiment. I just want to station them into Gibraltar.
Will the transport not unload from there ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Just to cover all the bases, what version are you running? Specifically, what version was this save game started with? (did you patch it after starting?)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Would you please post a save somewhere? I have never read of this issue, as you are describing it, and would love to have a look for myself.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Try picking one sub, right click on a hex outside the port(not neighbor hex, but in your own territory). This usually help to me, I usually ren them to reapear a few hexes from port, then when they come to the hex they calculate where the nearest port is and go there.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
BishopNL
Sergeant

Post by BishopNL »

Ruges wrote:3) Not sure what is going on here. some screen shots might help
Well, pretty much as I am telling. A screenshot wont help I think, but for fun I will post it anyway.
But I have a feeling that the units are set to stealth approach - not capture enemy lands.
Hundane wrote:
This sucks !
Balthagor wrote:Just to cover all the bases, what version are you running? Specifically, what version was this save game started with? (did you patch it after starting?)
V6.2.2 (latest ?) and no, no patch. gold edition in its purest form.
GIJoe597 wrote:Would you please post a save somewhere? I have never read of this issue, as you are describing it, and would love to have a look for myself.
http://www.2shared.com/file/aXoi2zFD/UK_C_-_GC-GC.html
Be free to have some fun with it :-)
Hullu Hevonen wrote:Try picking one sub, right click on a hex outside the port(not neighbor hex, but in your own territory). This usually help to me, I usually ren them to reapear a few hexes from port, then when they come to the hex they calculate where the nearest port is and go there.
I pick the Borey first (this is a real menance and one sub which I highly respect). Further I dont understand your mail to much (sry). The nearest port of the russian subs are in russia, right throught the Finland straight which is guarded by one of my subs.
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

BishopNL wrote:
Hundane wrote:
This sucks !
Go into RoE, disable them from attacking land units, load all your air to ground bombs onto the aircraft. They will now stay at their common altitude to perform their bombing missions.

Advanced. Set all aircraft to NOT accept auto deployed missiles. Group the squadron you desire to load, change RoE to accept missiles, autoload all missiles of desired type, turn accept auto deployed missiles back off. Use at your leisure. If you turn it off then you can use multiple groups and load specific missiles to specific air wings for a variety of roles.

Note: This won't held if you're attacking submarines... but WILL help if you're attacking surface ships. I normally just ignore naval combat in its entirety in this game. Just get some top of the line paratroopers, some good cargo planes, and then take over the enemy airport. Once you have an airport you can get some very high capacity aircraft like the Boeing 747-400 and load almost anything you want onto them. Then you can rapid redeploy entire divisions with a 7 strong wing of these aircraft. Though some units are simply too heavy for airlift and must be shipped by naval units (but none of the front line IFV's I normally use).
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

BishopNL wrote:V6.2.2 (latest ?) and no, no patch. gold edition in its purest form.
6.6.2? There is no 6.2.2 version. You need to have at least 6.6.2 if you want any support on this forums. The purest form is "patched and up to date".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BishopNL
Sergeant

Post by BishopNL »

Balthagor wrote:
BishopNL wrote:V6.2.2 (latest ?) and no, no patch. gold edition in its purest form.
6.6.2? There is no 6.2.2 version. You need to have at least 6.6.2 if you want any support on this forums. The purest form is "patched and up to date".
LOL, sry. 6.6.2 I mean. A typo is quickly made.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ah. Then you do have a patch FYI.

And while it may be annoying that aircraft fly to "close air", it's also realistic. We treat mid air as > 10k feet. Only strategic aircraft can effectively attack from that altitude without using missiles.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BishopNL
Sergeant

Post by BishopNL »

Balthagor wrote:ah. Then you do have a patch FYI.

And while it may be annoying that aircraft fly to "close air", it's also realistic. We treat mid air as > 10k feet. Only strategic aircraft can effectively attack from that altitude without using missiles.
It seems the only subs which are capable of anti air are indeed the russians.
Found nothing on the net of this capability though.
It seems they are researching this but till now it is not the case.

Anyhow, it is a fact of the game and so I have to deal with it.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

The Bundeswehr (german armed forces) ared develobing a missile that can be launched from a torpedo tube and take out air targets, light ships and costal defence systems.

Wikipedia Link: IDAS missile

And the russian Typhoon class SSBN (Akula) is equiped with SAM's

Wikipedia Link: Typhoon class SSBN
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~

Return to “Military - 2020”