Greece vs Turkey

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

juanezos
Lieutenant

Greece vs Turkey

Post by juanezos »

I am playing Greece in Ruges latest mod and I am planning of invading Turkey and to capture Istanbul so I can fortify the strait take out Turkey as a threat so that I can invade other Balkan countries without worrying about my flanks.

My problem is that Istanbul is full of units and even with the combined forces of Greece I cant win. Therefore I divised a strategy to see if it works and would welcome any reccomendations or pointers to were it might be flawed. Just to add some further info I am allied with Bulgary but not FYROM or Albania.

I will build a radar and AA station on each island on the border of turkey. In thrace I will build a line of fortifications radars AA and supply depots.

Then I am going to mass my forces on the border. After that I am going to land a small amphibious force very very south as to draw forces from Istanbul (the spot will be somewere around accross Rhodes). I am hoping that this will draw Istanbuls force south, then I will lure it airforce with one or two airforce squadrons so that my AA will dispatch it's aiforce.

Then I will blitzkrieg with my forces on the Thrace border towards istanbul. Also I will order my navy to blocade all their ports so that the turkish navy cant exit to sea.

Does anyone find this plan sound or might have any useful reccomendations?
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Greece vs Turkey

Post by Ragu »

Sounds good, although dont think that your invasion will drag forces awat from Istanbul, ad Ankara is closer to your invasion point, and will probably send forces from there instead of Istanbul.

After your defenses are built try taking 1 hex of land into turkey from your defence line. This will drag the forces of turkey onto your defenses, therefore creating a vast area of dead turkish units.

Rommel did the same tactics in the desert with the British tank formations, drawing Brtish armour onto hidden 88's.
diman
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by diman »

hi, this is how i do it and easily conquer any city i want:

1. obtain air superiority
2. destroy AA defences in instabul
3. airdrop special forces in istabul and tothe cities all around and air supply them
rintu4mj
Corporal

Post by rintu4mj »

First be allied with iran as turkey is mad with iran while they engage into war at east border much of the army will go then waste no time you will get a call from iran if you signed mutual defence the storm turkey with your tanks and antitanks strategic bomber this will definitely be the best way
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

The easiest way to win turkey with greece is to start the war with the demolition of the 2 bridges of constantinople. Use all greek airforce to bomb them before any turkish unit passes to thrace. They have not any barracks there so the only resistance you will find is amphibious apc's and city garissons. Their rest army will be blocked at the asian coast and you can eliminate them with your artillery. Then do an assault to take their capital.

Return to “Military - 2020”