PRoduction and research slots

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

SirGuy
Sergeant
Human: Yes

PRoduction and research slots

Post by SirGuy »

Hi,

I have a 0/2 production which means there are 2 vacant slots. When I try to build something it only goes to que but it wont go under the production slot. I do not know what I am missing. Should I build something first?

Also, how do I increase research slots. I built many building and I accidentally increased it from 2/2 to 2/4.

I just started the game today and I am trying to understand it. Please help me. Thanks.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: PRoduction and research slots

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

SirGuy wrote:Hi,

I have a 0/2 production which means there are 2 vacant slots. When I try to build something it only goes to que but it wont go under the production slot. I do not know what I am missing. Should I build something first?

Also, how do I increase research slots. I built many building and I accidentally increased it from 2/2 to 2/4.

I just started the game today and I am trying to understand it. Please help me. Thanks.
Have you got the fabs inactivaded? low resourses(military goods)? Newest patch?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Heres the kicker. There is no general "queue". When you queue stuff to be built it may or may not enter a facility. What you need to do is select the facility in question and then request the build in that particular facility.

Other causes are lack of manpower, electricity, mil goods, etc. But I bet its the queue issue.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Have you got multiply fabs on different locations?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

Edit: double post
Last edited by SirGuy on Apr 30 2010, edited 1 time in total.
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

What are fabs? What do they do?

I also have a couple of questions about the game.

1.) I noticed that i lack natural resources like petroleum, fresh water, and agriculture. Besides accepting deals from foreign countries, is there a way to produce them on my country?

2.) What are fabrications, what do they do.

3.) How can I increase the slots in research and defense production. I want to tbuild and research more things at the same time.

4.) How can I produce a missile. It is currently 0/0.

5.) My first try, I was attacked by China and didn't know what to do. They sent 2 ships and bombarded the shore, I don't know how to respond until I accidentally discovered that I have some aircraft with missiles and I fortunately manage to push away the ships. I set the initiative so that the AI would act about it but all it did is send 2 APC looking unit which got heavily damaged.

6.) How can I increase the production of consumer, industrial and military goods?

Second try, everything is going smoothly except the questions I have above. I think this is a nice simulation game. Thanks for helping me guys in advance.
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

Everything is divided in ministries, you can find them on the bottom left, what you're looking for are on the research, production and military cabinets.
In the middle you have the option to build new buildings, for raw materials you'll need specific loccations to build then.
Try every caminet and every option, see what it does you'll see that is all very simple ;)
"Ordem e Progresso"
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

1.) I noticed that i lack natural resources like petroleum, fresh water, and agriculture. Besides accepting deals from foreign countries, is there a way to produce them on my country?
Techs will allow you to build facilities that produce some natural resources. Bio fuels, hydroponics (?), not sure if theres one for water.
2.) What are fabrications, what do they do.
Military fabrications such as Land, Naval, Air and Missiles.
3.) How can I increase the slots in research and defense production. I want to tbuild and research more things at the same time.
You will want to build research facilities and Land, Air, Naval, Missile Fabrications.
4.) How can I produce a missile. It is currently 0/0.
Build a missile fabrication building and you will also need some missile designs, missiles come in different sizes and can be launched from different platforms (land,air,naval,sub). You will want to make you are producing missiles that your units can use.
6.) How can I increase the production of consumer, industrial and military goods?
Build more of those facilities
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

Thank you very much for the enlightenment. Just a question though about the Goods facilities. They are so many, besides the Goods Consumer, Industrila and miliary there are oter Goods facilities like Goods - Micro <- something like this. What are they?
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Those are smaller versions, cheaper to build and maintain but they also produce less.
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

If power-petroleum eats petoleum and power-coal eats coal, hat natural resource does power-other eat up?

How can I transport my military units to another country (my country is surrounded by water)?

What is a hot spot?

How do I get scrrenshots besides alt + tabbing? (I tried alt-tabbing but after I went to desktop I was not able to go back in the game window again and the computer became frozen.)

If I will not be aggressive and stay defensive all the way, is there a possibility in the future that a country will declare war at me and they will try to conquer my country by sending their units?

Are there also real-world-based terrorsist factions in the game?

What does sandbox game mean?

Can I just play my country by making it stable, supporting allies but not conuer the world?

When a unit has the longest training time in a specific cateory, does that mean that it is the highest end unit?

EDit
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

SirGuy wrote:does power-other eat up?

Nope, neither does hydro.
How can I transport my military units to another country (my country is surrounded by water)?
By Air and sea, see the tranport units you have. Check the unit's weight or cargo. Select the unit and put to load-in to an trasport unit(that has enough cargo) or simply select air or sea transp if you have a transport unit that can carry the unit the AI will do the work.
(I tried alt-tabbing but after I went to desktop I was not able to go back in the game window again and the computer became frozen.)
Maybe that's a problem with your pc.
If I will not be aggressive and stay defensive all the way, is there a possibility in the future that a country will declare war at me and they will try to conquer my country by sending their units?
Since you're on an island that will be very hard to happen.
Are there also real-world-based terrorsist factions in the game?
Nope.
What does sandbox game mean?
dunno. Don't remember seeing in the game.
Can I just play my country by making it stable, supporting allies but not conuer the world?
yes, but that wouldn't be much fun would it? ;)
When a unit has the longest training time in a specific cateory, does that mean that it is the highest end unit?
I don't know if I understood but usually build time is related to the weight of the unit, not necesarely the best.
"Ordem e Progresso"
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

Awesome, I think I am starting to understand the game except I want to attack malaysia but I am not very familiar with unit command features, what each unit are for, hot spot, bridges, supply thingy, transporting units by using cargo/airplane, and everything there is that I need to know in playing war mode. Help.

Edit: Also, can someone tell me if it is good to train different different kinds of tanks or just the tank that I think has a very strong defense? or a long range?

Last time I deployed my troops from an island is by unloading troops in my ally's sea pier. What about if I am going to unload in enemy territory? My carrier is not unloading and I am pissed off. My Migs, Skyhawk, and bronco is not doing a great job in bombing. Sometimes they bomb but most of the time, before they reach the enemy territory, they fly in circle in the middle of the ocean and then go back to base. Really sucks.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Did you get any kind of documented text with your game at all? If not I would report it to BG as well as the location you got the game.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

I tried to read it but i failed to find anything that has something to do with why my carrier wont unload in enemy territory and why my migs, skyhawks, and bronco keep circling around in the sea and not approaching their target.

Return to “Military - 2020”