PRoduction and research slots

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: PRoduction and research slots

Post by Eldin »

SirGuy wrote:I tried to read it but i failed to find anything that has something to do with why my carrier wont unload in enemy territory and why my migs, skyhawks, and bronco keep circling around in the sea and not approaching their target.
Is the unit your are trying to unload an amphibious unit? If it is not then you need a ship with amphibious landing (I think it's called, haven't played in a while).
Does your aircraft have the range to reach their target?

Edit: Also, the Supreme Wiki (Click me) is a good tool for new players. :)
SirGuy
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by SirGuy »

Eldin wrote:
SirGuy wrote:I tried to read it but i failed to find anything that has something to do with why my carrier wont unload in enemy territory and why my migs, skyhawks, and bronco keep circling around in the sea and not approaching their target.
Is the unit your are trying to unload an amphibious unit? If it is not then you need a ship with amphibious landing (I think it's called, haven't played in a while).
Does your aircraft have the range to reach their target?

Edit: Also, the Supreme Wiki (Click me) is a good tool for new players. :)
I will try to see if the carrier ship has amphibious landing. Thank you for the help. I will click the link you provided to get more information to the game.
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

The UN is sending me military unit designs. I accepted them but I am not sure if these designs are good compared to my own county's military design. Are the designs from UN superior/same/inferior than the designs from my country?
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

SirGuy wrote:The UN is sending me military unit designs. I accepted them but I am not sure if these designs are good compared to my own county's military design. Are the designs from UN superior/same/inferior than the designs from my country?
Unless you know the name of the units there is no way to know, but since it's always cheap, I buy them.
"Ordem e Progresso"
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

How can I tell if this one is a good unit, or this one is a better one? Right now I am clueless and what I am doing is producing whatever unit has the longest time to train. To the guy who said that the length of the training has something to do with the weight, you are wrong. I saw a unit heavier than the other but it is faster to train than the other.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Usually the UN will sell or give older designs. Sometimes it may be better than what you have but usually its not. If you can afford it buy it make sure and then double check. After a year or two of playing the game you will pretty much know what your getting. Until then its all part of the learning process. :D

Far as what units are better, it all depends on what you want them to be used for. For example:

Infantry for defense , you will want a unit with a high close defense and ground defense values. Now add in if you prefer it too be legged or mounted , amphibious, etc,,, then choose the best unit for your playstyle and strategy.

For Arty you should probally go for the longer range variations as much as possible.

For offensive type units , you will want units with a high Hard attack and/or Close attack. Hard attack is for hard targets like armored vehicles and close attack is used for attack in places like cities or close combat hexes.

For the most part , you just need to play around with the units. You can do very well even with obsolete units if your patient enough to plan ahead and use your units to best of thier abilities.
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

SirGuy wrote:How can I tell if this one is a good unit, or this one is a better one? Right now I am clueless and what I am doing is producing whatever unit has the longest time to train. To the guy who said that the length of the training has something to do with the weight, you are wrong. I saw a unit heavier than the other but it is faster to train than the other.
Check the unit stats is all listed there see what is good for your game style usually the best atack power is what you'll look for, usually the one on the top is the best one also check the tech lvl it says which is newer.
Like I said the build time is USUALY(like when is not always ;)) related to the unit's weight, mainly in the begin.
"Ordem e Progresso"
SirGuy
Sergeant

Post by SirGuy »

Thank you guys for your replies, it made me understand more. I just bought some military designs from the US. I also started buying technologies from the United States and France. Some of those technologies does something like +5% to health care rating etc. Those were techs that my country don't have back then. My country is surrounded by water, does the AI have the capability of deploying troops from the sea or air? I am playing Global Crisis. What mode has the smartest AI? Global Crisis, Shattered World, or the other one?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ummm, there was a bug/issue in which some bought technologies which gave bonuses did NOT convey such.That they worked if you actually researched the tech,but NOT if you simply bought the tech.
I dont know what the current status on that is,so you might want to keep it in mind when considering purchasing techs.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

purchased technologies to convey the technology effect but bump bonus or opinion change occurs.

The AI is the same for all scenarios/campaigns. It is capable of air and naval invasions although naval is uncommon and by air is very rare.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Balthagor wrote:purchased technologies to convey the technology effect but bump bonus or opinion change occurs.
?
Seems like theres a typo ,word missing there ,or some such ......
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Carriers are not amphib, they have to unload at a pier.

As for your acft, I would look at the acft range versus the range to the target. I would try sending one aircraft to the target to see if it may be a problem with the mixture of aircraft that you are ordering to attack the target.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

tkobo wrote:
Balthagor wrote:purchased technologies to convey the technology effect but bump bonus or opinion change occurs.
?
When you buy a tech, it will give you any of the +5 % healthcare type bonuses, It will not give you the Techlevel bonus increase, nore will it give you a bonus, either negative or positive to public and world opinions.
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

Ruges wrote:
tkobo wrote:
?
When you buy a tech, it will give you any of the +5 % healthcare type bonuses, It will not give you the Techlevel bonus increase, nore will it give you a bonus, either negative or positive to public and world opinions.
Good way to acquire WMDs techs then.
"Ordem e Progresso"
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:purchased technologies DO convey the technology effect but bump bonus or opinion change occurs...
Oops
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - 2020”