Battlegroups in SR 2020 GC

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Red Dawn
Captain

Battlegroups in SR 2020 GC

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi guys

Hate to start a new thread but I did a search and couldn't find any existing threads or answers to my questions:

1) As I understand it we can rename battlegroups. Can someone please tell me how we do that?

2) If we place an entire battlegroup in reserve and then redeploy the battlegroup will the units be part of the same battlegroup or do we need to re group the units into a battlegroup?

3) How do I select battlegroups on the field other than physically going to where they are located on the map and slecting them with the cursor?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Battlegroups in SR 2020 GC

Post by Legend »

Red Dawn wrote:Hi guys

Hate to start a new thread but I did a search and couldn't find any existing threads or answers to my questions:

1) As I understand it we can rename battlegroups. Can someone please tell me how we do that?
You can rename units but not battle groups
2) If we place an entire battlegroup in reserve and then redeploy the battlegroup will the units be part of the same battlegroup or do we need to re group the units into a battlegroup?
They maintain their battle group numbers while in reserve, so when deployed they are still in a group. This one should be an easy one to test yourself BTW.
3) How do I select battlegroups on the field other than physically going to where they are located on the map and slecting them with the cursor?
Battle Groups 1-10 can be selected by using the keyboard... CTRL+1 group selected units to group 1. Press 1 later... and group 1 becomes selected.

We've also tied battle groups 11-20 to the number pad if you have one... while the num lock is on. Press, CTRL+2(numpad) becomes group 12. Press just 2(numpad) and you get group 12 selected.

This gives you 20 groups you can select by not using the GUI or the MAP.

The game lets you do 99 groups but groups 21 and above need to be picked by the Battle Group list or by the map. Once you do pick a stack of units... that contain any grouped unit in it.. you can pick that "GROUP" and it will select all units from any location they are in.
trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

Actually you can rename battle groups if you click the button in the pic below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

very helpful. thank you.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Tkobo - still think I am "getting carried away" ?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

thanks for noting that.

I think we forgot that we put that feature in the game... soo many features to remember. LOL
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

One thing to remember about renaming battle groups. You rename the battlegroup slot not the battlegroup.

Meaning if those units move to a new battle group slot, the name will not move with them. It stays at that slot.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

GIJoe597 wrote:Tkobo - still think I am "getting carried away" ?
No doubt in my mind at all.
Theres a HUGE difference between not knowing everything about something, and knowing how none of it works.
Tkobo thinks I am way off mark when I suggest no one really knows what affects what in the game
since I do not think anyone really knows what or why the game does this or that.

Are all to me exaggerations .There are things we know, and things we dont know.Some of these will be wrong,meaning some things we think we know we will find out we dont, and some things we dont think we know, we will find out we do.

A case in point,the reppair question was in fact answered months before that post,in another post in which a dev and a player stated exactly what we found after the recent testing.I had even been a part of that thread,but had gotten the known info wrong,in regards to that one aspect.

I personally hope we never know how everything about the game works.Its already too easy as it is.Being omniscient about the game would make it alot less fun.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

/me shrugs. We are are entitled to our opinions.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Military - 2020”