Russia pissed me off but now im moving out - mission over

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Anatolian
Major
Human: Yes

Russia pissed me off but now im moving out - mission over

Post by Anatolian »

Russia seems to have gotten pretty powerful recently. Its got a number one build cap, has the largest and strongest military and economy in the game and seems to be reverting to communist imperialism. :-(

Quiet simply it started a war with Mongolia, China, Laos and a few other countries. It hasnt managed to wipe out any apart from Georgia which didnt stand a chance, and it has gained quiet alot of land paticularly from Mongolia and China which had their arses handed to them. Russia then declared war on Belarus shortly after my navy noticed massive activity just North of Polands boarder next to Sweden which is pretty close to my game country of Germany. Now, i knew i only had 603,000 units compared to Russias 2 million, but i can either wait for Belarus to get wiped out and then wait for Poland to get picked off the map, and basically all of Eastern Europe until Russia was at my boarders, or i can campaign against them in Belarus and Poland. I joined Belarus's cause which lost about three quarters of its land. The war lasted for about 3-4 months ingame and a second front opened, as suspected, in poland, with the Russians using their air supremacy to knock off Poland. I sent some units their and managed to protect Poland from invasion and i have smashed back Russian forces behind and beyond what was once the boarders of Belarus.

Im working towards signing a ceasefire with Russia which i am unable to do, they just wont accept. Can anyone offer any advise?

Lastly, i want to hand back all gained land from Russia which was formerly parts of Belarus and Poland, and some Russia itself, because i dont want land in the East. Is there any way i can return this extra land? If so, how?
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Russia pissed me off but now im moving out - mission over

Post by Ragu »

Anatolian wrote:Now, i knew i only had 603,000 units compared to Russias 2 million,
Dont get too worried, that amount of 2 million is also garrison troops, and Russia has almost a full garrison in every town/city or complex, so that is where most of the 2 million military is going. I defeated the USA with Germany, they had 4.2 mill, and I had 580,000 military, and still whooped them. Numbers means nothing.
Anatolian wrote:Im working towards signing a ceasefire with Russia which i am unable to do, they just wont accept. Can anyone offer any advise?
If you declared war on Russia, even giving them ungodly amounts of cash and techs, would take far too long to get a cease fire.
Anatolian wrote:Lastly, i want to hand back all gained land from Russia which was formerly parts of Belarus and Poland, and some Russia itself, because i dont want land in the East. Is there any way i can return this extra land? If so, how?
Nope not at all. Would be quite a hard thing to model into the game I imagine. In games like Civilization, you can give cities away and such, but each city has a specific amount of border space per level of culture. To give land back would require a map editor type thing, and would perhaps need you to "paint" an area of land to give back. Wouldnt be the easiest thing to make work.
Anatolian
Major

Post by Anatolian »

Anatolian wrote:Nope not at all. Would be quite a hard thing to model into the game I imagine. In games like Civilization, you can give cities away and such, but each city has a specific amount of border space per level of culture. To give land back would require a map editor type thing, and would perhaps need you to "paint" an area of land to give back. Wouldnt be the easiest thing to make work.
So there is no way in hell i can encourage Belarus to take the land that was initially theirs and the land i invaded from Russia?
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Anatolian wrote: So there is no way in hell i can encourage Belarus to take the land that was initially theirs and the land i invaded from Russia?
Nope, my advice for next time is, to select your troops that are going to fight, and in their ROE, turn off "capture enemy land". This is the only way to fight without land conquest at the moment.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If Belarus still exists, and is still at war with Russia....AND ....If russia still exists and is still at war with you .....Yes.

Buts its not a situation with a quick fix.
*If you own the land,your gonna have to lose it back to russia.
*Then your gonna have to assist Belarus in retaking that land from russia.

It can be done,but its a bit of work.Sadly you cant just "give" it back,as land trades are not currently a feature.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

tkobo wrote:Sadly you cant just "give" it back,as land trades are not currently a feature.
That is something quite high up on my wish list... :roll:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Well then, dig up a thread on the topic, read thru it and try to find a solution to convince the devs it can be made to work.
Personally id settle for now, if they handled it the way the did trades so far.

IE Start by allowing it only one way,from the player region to another region.For now, til someone comes up with a system that allows the AI to trade away its land intelligently.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

tkobo wrote:Well then, dig up a thread on the topic, read thru it and try to find a solution to convince the devs it can be made to work.
Personally id settle for now, if they handled it the way the did trades so far.

IE Start by allowing it only one way,from the player region to another region.For now, til someone comes up with a system that allows the AI to trade away its land intelligently.
why wouldn't be a land lease it is better & there is no one that can lease the entire country
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

if u have GC+gold update 6

Sign a treaty with belerus if youre both fighting russia. Get land access air access mutual defense etc, the best way i found with to fight russia is with infantry troops ( trade LAV designs with australia). Rotate them as needed in and out of youre barricks ( anti tank units stack well with the infantry units with high defense values) i found a stack of those rotating around invading points and AA guns to as the russians at least to start will throw jets at ya. And its quite easy to take some of the russian territory and support allies
Nibelung
Lieutenant

Post by Nibelung »

Anatolian wrote:Lastly, i want to hand back all gained land from Russia which was formerly parts of Belarus and Poland, and some Russia itself, because i dont want land in the East. Is there any way i can return this extra land? If so, how?
Nope not at all. Would be quite a hard thing to model into the game I imagine. In games like Civilization, you can give cities away and such, but each city has a specific amount of border space per level of culture. To give land back would require a map editor type thing, and would perhaps need you to "paint" an area of land to give back. Wouldnt be the easiest thing to make work.
[/quote]
A simpler solution for the devs: a combo box listing all loyalties that your own that are not you (e.g if you control Russian land which has a loyalty of 51%+ Russian list 'Russian Land').

Select the country to give that to.Select a land entry, click on release, all these lands are given.

Sure, you don't see visually what will be the exact result, but you'll have a precise enough idea and this would be really handy. You just need a combo box (list box) and 2 buttons.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Russia pissed me off but now im moving out - mission ove

Post by georgios »

Is it possible to use a saved game with new borders as a starting campaign map??
number47
General

Post by number47 »

georgios wrote:Is it possible to use a saved game with new borders as a starting campaign map??
Yes
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

How?

Just renaming the save game as .sav and putting in in cache file?

Is then possible to edit again other data on the new borders?

Is there any way to split regions in more pieces? I don't mean the already existing pieces.

Return to “Military - 2020”