strategic missiles - icbm

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

strategic missiles - icbm

Post by georgios »

Strategic missiles are not operational in sr2020. To use them you should mod the file default.unit. You must change them from strategic to tactical and assign a launch platform (land, air, surface and sub). Then they will appear in the reserve list, so to be deployed and launched like other missiles.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: strategic missiles - icbm

Post by Ruges »

Strategic missles are considered Nuclear missles and in order to launch then you must give nuclear authorization to even be allowed to load them.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

and if I allow them will they become deployable?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I speak about missiles which need silo launchers! How can they be deployed??
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Every missle ingame can be fired from either 1 or any combonation or all 3 types of either, ships (subs), planes, ground based launchers.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

in default.unit there are mentioned 4 types of launchers. the fourth is the silo launcher. I found that the building exists and I added it to the map modding the oof. But how it is activated to launch a missile?

I put the topol strategic missile in my oob's but it appeared in my reserves only after I modded it to become a tactical. I made it a naval missile and I launched it from sacramento transport, which I have upgraded to a supership: it has powerful guns like a battleship, it carries a whole army with the ability to unload without docks, it can capture sea and can launch icbm's!

For the silo, if it is impossible to oreperate as a targeting launcher I have a plan b. I will make it the only building capable to fire missiles for it's defence. So it will be a defensive structure needed in every strategic place.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yes Silo's where originaly intended for the game but BG said they could not get them working as intended. And becouse Silo's are obosolete at this point in time it was decided that they would not waste any more development time with them.

Return to “Military - 2020”