HOTSPOTS

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

CheefCoach
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: HOTSPOTS

Post by CheefCoach »

You can easily mode what units you want to AI to send when you use hotspots (INI/AI parametars AIREQ). Just to mension :).
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Seems to me like there are two types of hotspots - implicit and explicit.

Implicit hotspots are created by events - an enemy unit capturing one of your hexes fires a "Defense" event to your Defense Minister and in effect creates a temporary defense hotspot at that hex. Your DM will lose interest after a while.

Explicit hotspots are those that you just discovered. When you create a hotspot, the game fires an event to your DM. I am not sure, but it seems like they differ from the implicit ones in that explicit ones are permanent. Do explicit hotspots constantly re-fire events or does you DM lose interest in the explicit HS after a while?

I have discovered that they are bugged in multiplayer mode - set a hotspot and it is visible to other regions when you switch regions. I don't know if the second region actually reacts to them or not. This may not occur during a live MP game - I wouldn't know.

I have often wished that the game was modified so that when you DOW a region, an attack hotspot would be created in its Capital city. Currently an AI has no clue as to where its enemy's Capitals are or what to do with them.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

catatonic wrote:... Do explicit hotspots constantly re-fire events or does you DM lose interest in the explicit HS after a while?

I have often wished that the game was modified so that when you DOW a region, an attack hotspot would be created in its Capital city. Currently an AI has no clue as to where its enemy's Capitals are or what to do with them.
I just took control of South Korea in Multiplayer mode. I set an Attack hotspot in Bejing to see if I could get SK to seriously attack and maybe conquer China.

At first SK sent a bunch of tanks West to the Yalu River but they became bogged down in the first Chinese towns that they encountered. After that SK just seemed to lose interest in the Bejing hotspot altogether. So I may have answered my own question -the game does not continue generating events from hotspots and the AI does quickly lose interest in Attack hotspots.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012

Return to “Military - 2020”