ammo

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

roymax
Corporal

ammo

Post by roymax »

hello. i'm new in here, and new in the game, too. i kind of figured it out few things, but i still have one major question... how can i supply my AA-guns, or my Bombers, with ammunition? these units have a limited ammount of rockets (i'm not talking about missiles, i'm talking about artilery ammo, for instance..)? i tryed with the supply depot and with barracks, too, of course, i have around supply trucks, but they regain the fuel, not the amo.

thank you in advance.
Mitchell
Lieutenant

Re: ammo

Post by Mitchell »

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but "ammo" is the same as "Supply", so if the problem is that your units are not being resupplied then check the supply level of the hexes they occupy. Having supply trucks around only helps until all of the supplies they carry are used, although they can "bridge a gap" to help front line units get supply if the supply trucks are near but in supply themselves. Aircraft resupply when landed at an airstrip, so make sure the airstrip has good supply.

One other thing to check: Supplies are created from Military Goods produced by the associated facility - if your Military Goods production is low for whatever reason you will not be able to resupply units effectively.
Mitchell
roymax
Corporal

Post by roymax »

my military goods production is very good, not that is the problem, and my supply level is 100%. my concern is that my artilery units ( or airplanes...) cannot fire anymore after a while, even if they can move. i have built supply depots and barracks, and the supply trucks doesn't deliver to my units any fire power...
..the same thing happens with my airplanes..they bomb a town or a facile until they run out of 'bombs', they return to base and just get re-fueled, not rearmed, as well..and they continue to patrol the attacked city, can't bomb it anymore

i'm sorry if i'm a bit incoerent, i play the game only for a couple of days. thank you for trouble.
monty845
Warrant Officer

Post by monty845 »

Regarding the bombers, I remember a similar behavior in SR2010, where if given an attack order, your bombers go out, expend there ammo, return to base, reload to 90% and then fly back out, but 90% was not enough to drop another load of bombs. I haven't run in to it yet in 2020, but I suggest you try micro managing the bombers to make sure they don't take off without fully reloading thier ammo.

Regarding the artillery, I can't really tell what your problem is, but be aware that most (if not all) artillery will use ammo much faster than the naturual resupply rate of even well supplied territory. Are you using supply trucks in a decent ratio to the artillery? if they still aren't firing, check a supply truck in an adjacent or the same hex, and see if its full, if it is its a problem with the artillery... I did run in to a problem with certain units not attacking automatically (XM2001 artillery for one)... what artillery unit are you using?

Oh... two more ideas:

Do you have a stockpile of military goods or are you just meeting demand with 0 on hand?

Also, are your units carrying missles? Missles displace normal ammunition, to the point that a unit fully loaded with missles may not have any room left for thier regular ammo.
roymax
Corporal

Post by roymax »

i play with romania, i have no prefered artilery unit, i choose the available. i don't know what is the main issue, if re-supplying the artilery with ammunition by trucks doesn't work well, or if the supply trucks don't get loaded with ammunition, in order to deliver it to my artilery. i mention that i have supply depots and barraks built, my roads &railways are developed. and with my bombers...they have airfields around. the fuel supplying works well, their reservoir gets loaded, but the rockets remain zero(in the unit's technical file)

p.s. what is micromanaging the bombers?
p.s. my stockpile of military goods is way higher than my demand
p.s. i use missiles only on my submarines, not on land units

Return to “Military - 2020”