Unit Profile...

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

madjack
Captain

Unit Profile...

Post by madjack »

What does the unit stat "profile" do? I noticed it is higher in stealthy designs. Say, is it worth the money to build comanches rather than apaches? it's more than double the price... only significant difference is the "profile".
sirveri
Colonel

Re: Unit Profile...

Post by sirveri »

madjack wrote:What does the unit stat "profile" do? I noticed it is higher in stealthy designs. Say, is it worth the money to build comanches rather than apaches? it's more than double the price... only significant difference is the "profile".
My guess is that it determines what type of spotting strength can pick up the unit. BG has hinted that there are at least two spotting strength values, one for spotting normal stuff and the other for spotting stealth.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
madjack
Captain

Post by madjack »

maybe they inform about these mechanics then? any goats around??
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If you dig up the blog we wrote a while back in explains some of spotting and profile. Higher profile means harder to spot.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
madjack
Captain

Post by madjack »

ok, will do that. thanks.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hi, I am not sure if it bothers anyone but me but, Profile works opposite they way its modeled in game. Profile means how easy it is to see a unit, meaning the lower the profile the Harder it is to see. In game its oppsite and that was giving me fits until I figured out it was reversed. :( If I have a high profile I am very visible!

Would it be feasible to rename that category back to what it is in the manual, Stealth Strength? Then it would make sense for higher to be better at avoiding detection.

A minor issue I guess, but it could reduce some confusion.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Krawiec
Corporal

Post by Krawiec »

GIJoe597 wrote:Hi, I am not sure if it bothers anyone but me but, Profile works opposite they way its modeled in game. Profile means how easy it is to see a unit, meaning the lower the profile the Harder it is to see. In game its oppsite and that was giving me fits until I figured out it was reversed. :( If I have a high profile I am very visible!

Would it be feasible to rename that category back to what it is in the manual, Stealth Strength? Then it would make sense for higher to be better at avoiding detection.

A minor issue I guess, but it could reduce some confusion.
Agree, it's kinda confusing "name" :(

But thanks for explaining

Return to “Military - 2020”