HELP: Getting the hang of trades

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

2Coats
Warrant Officer

HELP: Getting the hang of trades

Post by 2Coats »

Ive made a number of trades, but the secret of what makes a good trade alludes me. Im guessing the relationship between the countries is important and so is the selling factor (favourable, unfav, etc). As is the relative amounts being trade for and against.

But if I am playing say a nation that needs Coal and I try to trade with one of the market prod leaders in that commodity Im finding it difficult to get any really good trades for me. Whereas the AI seems tobe holding all the cards against me.

Now I find this an excellent thing to behold, but I dont have any idea about what the upper boundaries of the trade I should be making are. Therefore, I dont know when to stop and cut my losses trying and try to trade with someone else. Does anyone have any sort of reference as to what I should be looking for?
"Mankind will never see an end of trouble until... lovers of wisdom come to hold political power, or the holders of power... become lovers of wisdom." - Plato, The Republic
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Nope, not yet.

High Empty says he did very well trading with the very poor countries at first,so perhaps give that a try.
It makes sense in the way that alot more of what you have ,especially tech wise,will more likely be worth something to them than say the rich guys who probably already have it anyway .
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

so far I found the AI more amenable to one off trades rather than daily.
high empty
Captain

Post by high empty »

must note that all trades have been 1 off.

NEVER trade for more than 80% of the good. ( AI just won't have it in a 24-48 hour period)

You can trade cash for resouces, however do try techs frist.

Problem areas.

South Africa refuses to sell, coal. Period the bar will go Red, meaning your trades won't go thur.

Getting industral goods is pretty hard straight off but after a month it gets easier.

Getting techs and such, it's a relationship, 1/3 ( easy) 1/6 ( med) and (1/10) hard. meaning that the value your offering got to be that much larger!

and remember.

ONLY SEND THE TRADE WHEN THE BAR IS GREEN.
sending at other times means it might be accepted but most likely you just wasted 10mins of your life.

and RED means it's plain useless.

and remember you can cap off all of your trades with their money. just select the 50mil mark and keep hitting it, until the trade turns Red ( from Green) and back off a 50mil. and your good to go.

and there are the ways to get the last buck from the AI.
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Just to note that it seems possible to set up continous trades with the AI for resources but they seem to always want a large lump sum up front at the start just for setting up the trade.

e.g. ask for a continous trade of petroleum from Saudi Arabia for a reasonably fair price, they'll come back with a counter proposal which just adds a lump sum of about $10billion.

I guess they don't like commitment of a long term deal.
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

Bateman1982 wrote:Just to note that it seems possible to set up continous trades with the AI for resources but they seem to always want a large lump sum up front at the start just for setting up the trade.

e.g. ask for a continous trade of petroleum from Saudi Arabia for a reasonably fair price, they'll come back with a counter proposal which just adds a lump sum of about $10billion.

I guess they don't like commitment of a long term deal.
Depending on how long that trade lasts that could be a really great deal for you. Especially if the price of oil escalates through the roof.
Redroom
Corporal

Re: HELP: Getting the hang of trades

Post by Redroom »

Hi, In follow up versions of game could the spy network have a facility whereby a countries trade parameters are emailed to your country.... top/bottom bid limits needed resources etc etc. Sort of Industrial/trade espionage. The impact being you have more success at trade negociations.

Always a fan.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”