In-depth expences

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

scutshake
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

In-depth expences

Post by scutshake »

Is there anyway to see what is costing more cuz im playing shattered world and it just says production is 8000m expence a day i was wondering if there is anyway to open that up and see what in production is costing the most
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: In-depth expences

Post by GIJoe597 »

No way to see the "nuts and bolts". There are some threads of people trying to go in and account for each and every dollar. I don't think it is needed since you are the "supreme ruler" and not the accountant. The scale is not there to go down to see the individual numbers. My thoughts on that are, as long as I have money to do what I want to do I am happy, don't really care if this item is costing me 10 cents more to produce than I can get from the market.

I understand there are people that would like to see the minutia, perhaps in a future game BG can give that sort of detail.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

games like this serve the dream of a supreme ruler to control EVERY dollar on earth.

The best way to find how much money costs each sectror is to zero all other sectors poduction and see what remained.
cretgabi
Corporal

Post by cretgabi »

scutshake wrote:Is there anyway to see what is costing more cuz im playing shattered world and it just says production is 8000m expence a day i was wondering if there is anyway to open that up and see what in production is costing the most
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

GIJoe597 wrote:No way to see the "nuts and bolts". There are some threads of people trying to go in and account for each and every dollar. I don't think it is needed since you are the "supreme ruler" and not the accountant. The scale is not there to go down to see the individual numbers. My thoughts on that are, as long as I have money to do what I want to do I am happy, don't really care if this item is costing me 10 cents more to produce than I can get from the market.

I understand there are people that would like to see the minutia, perhaps in a future game BG can give that sort of detail.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Some of the people who search such things are just curious how the developers simulated game's economy..
lorddrakenwode
Warrant Officer

Post by lorddrakenwode »

One thing that was always a curiosity of mine was how much, if any, double-counting (or triple, or more) is taking place.

For example, we all know that each resource has a Domestic Production price, which is the price per unit that it costs to make that resource. If you multiply each resource production volume by its per-unit production price, and add all those numbers up, you'll get the number that shows up on the Expenses page next to the term "Production," give or take some rounding.

Now, consider Coal. Very simple, you mine coal for its production price, and then you have coal. Straightforward enough.

And now, consider Electric Power. Let's say you have only coal power plants. Electric Power has a stated Domestic Production price. The critical question is, does the Electric Power Domestic Production price include the cost of all the coal you're burning? It's common knowledge that you should immediately dismantle all Petrol Power Plants, because the value of the oil they burn is several times greater per MWh produced than for any other fuel type. If you have a country that is heavy on Petrol Power Plants, its production price for Electric Power will be very high, and when you shut down those power plants, it comes back down to a normal range, which highly suggests that the price of the consumed resources is included in the resultant product's Domestic Production price. If this is the case, then the price of the coal you mined was deducted once when the coal was mined, and again when you burned it to make power.

Now, let's consider Industrial Goods. They consume both coal, and electric power, which itself consumes coal.

And last, of course, is Consumer Goods, which consume Industrial Goods, which consumes power, which consumes coal... By my counting, it seems that the price of coal is being extracted from your treasury several times over, compounded with each stage of production that uses it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

lorddrakenwode wrote:...does the Electric Power Domestic Production price include the cost of all the coal you're burning?...
Yes, raw materials are factored in properly.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I will check if it is possible to edit the financial tabs to show production expenses for any particular product

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”