Money Troubles

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Gambit8
Private
Human: Yes

Money Troubles

Post by Gambit8 »

Hi, I've been playing SR2020 for about a week now as the United Kingdom and near the start I managed to pay off all my debt and I was making a steady profit, but it seems the bigger my country gets the harder it is to gain money.
I've currently taken over France, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Iran, Switzerland, Bulgaria and Romania which both had part of Serbia. Russia had a lot of oil so I built a heck of a lot of oil gas facilities in the north and that's probably my best source of income (besides domestic sales) of around 3-5 billion per day. My problem is, is that the market prices of pretty much every product has probably halved since the start of the game, besides from Uranium, which is now $100 per unit rather than the $900 per unit that it was.

I've tried loads of things that I've found around the internet to help me raise the market price of everything. Some of the things I tried was to get friends with all the top exporters and buy all their stock for a cheap price and then sell it back to them at an insanely high price, I got money, yes, but the market price stayed the same and if I just sat back and relax, I'm actually watching my money slowly disappear rather than watching it grow. Another thing I tried was to take all my oil off the market, then after a month shove it all back on, this did not work. I then thought maybe I should make my production costs lower and so I put my infrastructure and environment social spending up to full, this worked but I put environment back down but kept the infrastructure the same because it was still useful, the market price still didn't go up, obviously.

I then tried making friends with the top importers and selling high to them, while buying from the top exporters at a cheap price. The market price still didn't go up and it's starting to bug me because I'm losing a lot of money if I don't trade myself with my allies. I have seen some people push the market price of things like Uranium to full and I know someone got the oil prices to around $450 per unit and I just want to know how to control the global market the way they do. I'm making all the things I need myself (including water which isn't good, I know, but my domestic prices are high so I'm not losing anything there) and I even thought of taking out a few of the top exporters, which is why I took Iran, but that didn't have any effect at all.

I've stopped producing military units, except for one land fabrication, my units are all in reserve, unemployment it around 5%, population is growing, GDP is around $30,000/c and I'm researching better infrastructure at the moment too. I just don't know what to do. I mean, yeah I have enough treasury, around 4.5 trillion at the moment, but I want to be able to sit back and watch my money grow instead of having to trade with my allies myself. Any ideas of tips would be great :)
Oh and my main source of power is coal, although I do have a few other power plants and petrol from when I've taken over other countries, but they'll be being scrapped soon anyway.

8)

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”