adding new techs

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

adding new techs

Post by georgios »

I tried to add some new techs, I am sure I made the correct modding in default.ttrx but my techs are not appearing. Is there a precast tech tree so we can only mod the existing techs, not adding new ones, more than the 653 techs sr2020 offers??
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: adding new techs

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

of course I built it. DONT say again to rebuild the cache. We learnt it!!!

But new techs are not appearing. I wonder if there is a parameter for how many techs are recognized and what is their numbering span?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Top be more accurate, I want to add in sr2020 the space race techs of cw. I mod them to match the code of sr2020 but they don't appear in the research menu. In addition the game crashes when I scroll in this menu. I modded successfully the existing techs but nothing with new.

And forgive me for the previous unkind request~!
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

georgios wrote:Top be more accurate, I want to add in sr2020 the space race techs of cw. I mod them to match the code of sr2020 but they don't appear in the research menu. In addition the game crashes when I scroll in this menu. I modded successfully the existing techs but nothing with new.

And forgive me for the previous unkind request~!
If your geting a crash just from scolling you have an error in the file you made. If you are just coping CW techs and pasting them into the 2020 tech tree this will also cause a crash as they are not the same format. CW techs have an era format where 2020 does not.
but they don't appear in the research menu.......I modded successfully the existing techs but nothing with new.
Did you even bother to fully read the link that bath gave you?
The data for the tech tree is stored in two different files.

•/Maps/Data/default.ttrx
•/Localize/LOCALEN/LocalText-TTR.csv
If the names are not appearing then you did not add them to the Text-TTR.CSV

The mistakes YOU made where simple mistakes so balth posted a simple response showing where the info on how to do it right was. He was acualy helping you more then you ask. Instead he should have just replied that yes you can have more the 653 techs, since thats all your original question asked. Of course that would not have solved your issue. Its not nice yelling at somone who is trying to help you. Exspecially when you dont tell us exactly what your problem is. In the future I sugest you give a more detailed first post on exactly what you did and what your problem is step by step. Or your going to get answers that you dont want.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Firstly I apologize if I insulted you, but I did not all these simple mistakes you think.

I did not simply pasted th cw techs, I removed the era parameter and even corrected the prerequisite techs who were not matching etc. hard work. perhaps I did a typing mistake.

And yes, I changed the localen file. I have studied very hard the supremewiki, and I did a lot of experiments to understand how everything works before finding the forum, which is very helpful.

I try hard to add posts with my findings to the forum.

You have right, in the future I will explain step by step. I didn't know too if some things are given for experienced players as you to say them again and again.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”