Production of Electricity

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Re: Production of Electricity

Post by catatonic »

GIJoe597 wrote:There is some issue with the description not showing correct numbers I read some time ago, so I do not know if this is base or modified. But I have, in game, research the tech to increase output.Fusion for example does not change on the tech readout card after you research Cold Fusion. I always build at least to fusion since it has no requirement on placement and no need for input resources. Free energy as it were.
To view the actual, RT output of a power plant:

1. Act like you are about to build one.

2. Place the red build location cursor/circle on an existing plant.

The popup will show the plant's actual output and a white supply bar as well. The more supply, the closer to max output the plant will produce.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Following your instructions this is what I get. The plant is capable of producing 14,892,000MWh. It is in a 98% supplied hex and is only producing 320,736MWh?

https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

Interesting plant designs. Looks like the Iron Curtain Weapon on Red Alert 2.

Ugly looking though. Wouldn't like to step outside and see that early in the morning.

Looks Gothic with the purple and the black.

Neverless its interesting.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

The plant is capable of producing 14,892,000MWh.
I think this is a yearly figure.
It is in a 98% supplied hex and is only producing 320,736MWh?
This is probally for the previous day if you have your finance figures set to show daily totals.

Not sure if either will show the benefits of techs and infrastructure spendings.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Ah yes, I forgot the output is annual. Thank you, in that case it is producing 117,904,680MWh.

Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Thanks for all the info, so does fusion produce the most MWH with all tech
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

catatonic wrote:
GIJoe597 wrote:There is some issue with the description not showing correct numbers I read some time ago, so I do not know if this is base or modified. But I have, in game, research the tech to increase output.Fusion for example does not change on the tech readout card after you research Cold Fusion. I always build at least to fusion since it has no requirement on placement and no need for input resources. Free energy as it were.
To view the actual, RT output of a power plant:

1. Act like you are about to build one.

2. Place the red build location cursor/circle on an existing plant.

The popup will show the plant's actual output and a white supply bar as well. The more supply, the closer to max output the plant will produce.
That's good to know. It's usefull info.

IMO this actual production info should be far more accessible then it is now.
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

I'm going to necro this post now since I was heavily involved in it before I took a hiatus from SR2020. (I went back to college, yay!)

All of my numbers below were pulled directly from the data files. I did this because it was the only way to get a consistent objective survey of plant power production and efficiency ratings.

That said, it's been over a year and I don't quite remember how exactly I did it.

My personal reccomendation remains: build power other until you have cold fusion, then switch to cold fusion if you require additional space.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Based on this thread I stopped building above Fusion. I ignore Dark Energy and Antimatter power now. I am not sure those were in game by the time you stopped playing? But it does appear Cold Fusion provides the best bang for the buck since with the other 2 you loose a build slot to the converter.

sprit_fire
Corporal

Post by sprit_fire »

so guys what is the big deal with nucleer power plants? I am planning to build nucleer plants but some how they seem to increase my production cost per unit in electricity. My uranium production cost is at about $100, would nucleer power plants be a better option for me compared to building coal plants?
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

How much is coal production atm?
sprit_fire
Corporal

Post by sprit_fire »

$85
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

My hunch would say nuclear as it takes less uranium per electric unit and each plant outputs more

Of course, I can't be certain since I can't remember the exact numbers used
sprit_fire
Corporal

Post by sprit_fire »

thanks, well I have started construction of 6 nucleer power plants right now electricity production cost is at $239 I'll be able to see the effect with in 130 days :)
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi all

I'm having problems with the uranium production in my territory. Essentially according to the figures I have enough capacity to meet demand and am producing enough uranium to power my nuclear power plants according the production department. The only problem is is that I am experiencing a shortfall in electricity production as for some reason the uranium being produced is not reaching the power plants (and I have no stock of uranium as well despite capacity exceeding production and demand). So my questions are:

1) is it a bug?

2) Do uranium mines eventually run out of uranium to mine? If so how do I check which mines have no more uranium to mine and which do?

3) I have over 6 million electricity units in stock but for some strange reason the stock is not being used to meet the mishap in supply and as such I have to import electricity?

Unfortunately for some reason I cant capture the screen image despite pressing PrtScr button! So cant show you a visual.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”