Technology - High Speed Trains

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

geminif4ucorsair
General

Technology - High Speed Trains

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

I believe the Transportation technology High Speed Trains should be revised to get a "Favorable" outlook among one's domestic population.

At present, it is Indifferent.

High Speed Trains in Japan and Europe have been highly received and well supported,
which is in part the basis for my view.

Please consider changing this domestic response as part of next Update.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Technology - High Speed Trains

Post by Balthagor »

My details show there is both a popular and world opinion bonus for both the root tech and the infrastructure tech. Don't think this changed recently...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Not that I am for a change to this. But I also show indifferent.

I am also suprized that stuff like the Nano-Tech line does not have a strongly opposed stance. After all isint the world opinion on Nano technology that it is bad? Or have I just been reading to many old sci-fi books? Nano weapontry defenatly seems like the type of tech that would be rated as strongly opposed. And put into the catagory of Biological warfare.

Also why is global defense satilites supportive? After all this tech is curently baned.

And ICBM capability. The world discourages countries from building these.

And medical gene therapy, Currently this is supportive. I thought manipulating genes was considered a bad thing by the world? Along with a couple of the other gene techs ingame.

DNA Databases. I thought this is somthing that should be oposed?

I asume that when we get there, that Cyborg soilders are going tobe an opposed tech.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think the value is so small that the program labels it as "indifferent", but there is a slight positive bonus. I'll consider increasing it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

could be made pouular id like to see it split into 2 train types high speed passanger and high speed cargo. Perhaps popularity small modifier and supply boost
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

wow, that must have taken so many mouse clicks to build up your territory. we need a pollution model in the game!!!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Legend wrote:wow, that must have taken so many mouse clicks to build up your territory. we need a pollution model in the game!!!
Yes, I am sending a medical bill for my Carpal Tunnel

Concerning game speed, I actually have very little to complain about concerning game speed (stutter/lag)... when I first started playing I thought it was too slow, but that was before I learned you do not just let time pass till something happens, you make something happen, either through market or military or diplomacy.. now I sometimes actually slow the game setting to slow. I will pause the game and click on the mouse for maybe 1000 clicks to build something.

The big issue and I have and haev seen others ask for, is scrapping. When you have 6000 coal plants and you want to build Fusion Plants.. well that is alot of clicking one at at time. :( A simple window with all types of facilities listed, sortable with a check box next to them, if you check it you scrap every checked facility, would be grand.

You should see the whole country. Rails and roads everywhere.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Dec 25 2008, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Illumination
Warrant Officer

Post by Illumination »

I second your last post, GIJoe. some sort of facility management window, with an option to select multiple facilities at once for scrapping, as well as a "scrap all of this type" option.
Innocentiii
Corporal

Post by Innocentiii »

Illumination wrote:I second your last post, GIJoe. some sort of facility management window, with an option to select multiple facilities at once for scrapping, as well as a "scrap all of this type" option.
A directive to the minister to scrap x per week or convert to another type would be great. Presumably the AI could make use of the ability as well.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Technology - High Speed Passenger + Cargo Trains

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

ollobrains wrote:could be made pouular id like to see it split into 2 train types high speed passanger and high speed cargo. Perhaps popularity small modifier and supply boost
Nah, too detailed....in modern day terms, unnecessary. Might be something in a WW Two
time period to have development of the really big HP cargo trains but those are not what this Tech is about.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”