Growing population

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

bblaney
Sergeant

Growing population

Post by bblaney »

Okay my population grows by about 56 people per day while playing Craatia, BUT is there a way to increase population faster than that besides taking territory?
Mitchell
Lieutenant

Re: Growing population

Post by Mitchell »

• Improve the quality of life in your region:
  • Invest in a good social infrastructure
  • Improve GDP/c
  • Keep taxes as low as reasonable
  • Improve health care (increases births / decreases deaths)
And, where feasible, keep your borders open to immigration, but be careful to do so only with other regions that are worse places to live; that is, with the open borders treaty you want to make sure people come to you, not the other way around...
Mitchell
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

Mitchell wrote:And, where feasible, keep your borders open to immigration
That labour force treaty doesn't work that way any more. See the following quote:
Scotimius wrote:Free Flow Labor Force is supposed to do two things, one again being equalizing the the GDP between you and the country you are making the treaty with and this is supposed to affect your counter intelligence. Probably makes it harder to find enemy spies.

This is what the games .INI file says. But then again it might not even be working properly, I can't say I've noticed all that much of a difference.
Manganese
Lieutenant

Post by Manganese »

Mitchell wrote:
  • Improve the quality of life in your region:
  • Invest in a good social infrastructure
  • Improve GDP/c
  • Keep taxes as low as reasonable
  • Improve health care (increases births / decreases deaths)
And, where feasible, keep your borders open to immigration, but be careful to do so only with other regions that are worse places to live; that is, with the open borders treaty you want to make sure people come to you, not the other way around...

From what I've seen, there are very specific controls, which lend themselves to much more specific suggestions than these. It is a game, after all, and the rules should be quantifiable. From what I've seen:
Better family subsidy = Increase birth rates
Better health care = Decrease death rates
Better social assistance = More immigrants, less emigrants

If lower taxes have a direct effect, then which taxes are we talking about? And which aspect of population change do they affect?
Rais.N.Hell
Lieutenant

Post by Rais.N.Hell »

Well I have a similar question if not the exact same question.

Ok, this is my situation. I was able to research some really good techs in medical field to increase a better health care for my citizens. I've also maxed out the spending for Health care, Family Subsidy, Cultural Subsidy, Law Enforcement, Environment, Infrastructure, Education except Social Assistance.

Now with all these domestic spending areas maxed out, I have still noticed that my Birth Rate is in Decline as is my Death Rate.... makes no sense.

Also, I dunno if my economy has anything to do with this. My current unemployment rate is around 7% with a 3% Inflation and still growing due to the domestic spending and other land development. Can any of the said conditions have an impact on STOPPING my Birth Rate decline?

Thanks for any respond.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”